Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Safari Shortcuts?

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
Ok, I'm used to using F5 and F6 in Firefox for PC to reload and access the address bar. Is there any similar shortcuts for Safari?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
COMMAND-R for reload.

As for selecting the URL bar, sorry, but I know of no other way apart form just using TAB to eventually get there. Oh, but COMMAND-OPTION-F gets you to the Google bar immediately. :)

There's a small list of shortcuts in Safari Help too.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
mad jew said:
COMMAND-R for reload.

As for selecting the URL bar, sorry, but I know of no other way apart form just using TAB to eventually get there. Oh, but COMMAND-OPTION-F gets you to the Google bar immediately. :)

Thanks! I need all the help I can get switching. BTW, my PC is gone for 4-5 days at BestBuy. YAY!

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
mad jew said:
COMMAND-R for reload.

Thanks for the command + option + f, I've been trying to figure that one out for a long time

****EDIT*****

command + 1...9 does the first nine bookmarks on your bookmark bar

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
file:///Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/Shortcuts.html is where they hide the information (you might need to open that link in a new window manually, or copy and paste the URL).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.