Safari to YouTube to Safari crashes

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eawmp1, Apr 8, 2011.

1. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I have noticed that on my 1st gen iPad, in then past week or so, when clicking on a YouTube link while in Safari, after opening YouTube and watching part of the video, then clicking the Home button and relaunching Safari, I will get a crash. Specifically, on relaunching Safari, the most recent page is brought up, but only a blank page. When I hit the button to open all pages, only the top 1 inch displays (the bottom of the screen is white). Then Safari cranes and the home iOS screen opens. Then I launch Safari, usually with no problem.

Anyone else? Known problem? Running latest iOS version.

2. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

I have the same issue too. now every time I open a YouTube link, I'll pull up the app switcher tray while in the YouTube app and X out safari to reset it.

3. jxr0124 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem as well...It started on both my Ipad and Ipad after the iOS 4.3 update. What I do is just touch the screen with the blank Safari page and it will automatically close and reopen back to the page you were on...Hopefully this glitch is corrected with the 4.3.2 update that is coming soon.

4. RobNor macrumors regular