Safari with dark mode on?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by x-evil-x, Jun 7, 2018.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

Can people. please post some safari images with dark mode on? Im curious as Ive been using chrome just for this theme for years now. Id like to have safari be more like that.

2. casperes1996, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018

casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Just a second let me get my Mojave Mac
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    Well it clearly didn't like the way those two images where formatted.... Let me redo that. I took one both of this page in Safari as well as the upload image Finder popup
    Compressed Safari.jpg Compressed with popup.jpg Compressed Safari.jpg Compressed with popup.jpg
    I'd like to just say though that Dark Mode as of right now has a few flaws (as to be expected in a beta). For instance, sometimes in file selection popovers like you see above, the text appears as black on black (See where it says "Desktop" at the top of the window? - That's meant to be white text, and if I change the destination it switches to white)

Attached Files:

3. koifish22 macrumors member

koifish22

I was curious how private browsing looks when they announced dark mode.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 5.51.49 PM.png

That white address bar kinda defeats the purpose. I'll give feedback and hopefully it's changed before release.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

It's only white in Private mode - Otherwise it's light gray.

5. koifish22 macrumors member

koifish22

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

6. Brad9893 macrumors 6502

Brad9893

Would someone be willing to enable favicons and take a couple of screenshots? I am interested to see if they do favicons the same way as every other browser, or if they utilize the same SVG icons as they do for pinned tabs. Hopefully it is not the latter, because if it is, then a lot of websites will not have favicons. Thanks! :)

7. koifish22 macrumors member

koifish22

For websites that have SVG icons, those take priority, otherwise it displays the regular favicon.
    (Those borders around the SVG icons only appear in dark mode.)

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 6.29.27 PM.png

8. Brad9893 macrumors 6502

Brad9893

Thanks so much! I'm glad to see that Apple implemented a fall back on this, as the lack of one for pinned tabs has always annoyed me.

With that said, I'm surprised to see that Twitter and YouTube don't have SVG icons.

9. koifish22 macrumors member

koifish22

They do have them, but Safari isn't displaying them properly in Mojave. Probably a bug.

10. Brad9893 macrumors 6502

Brad9893

Oh, I see. I'm sure they will straighten it out. To be honest, I think they look better! The white tiles behind the SVG icons don't look so good in my opinion. I understand that it is probably for legibility reasons, but it would be nice to see them make it smarter. For example, they could only use a white tile if the icon is dark and will clash. But hey, it's a beta!

11. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Well, similarly in the regular bright appearance, private mode gives a dark URL bar. I think it works fine as a way of differentiating between private and normal mode; And you'll rarely be in private anyway.

12. s_madushan macrumors newbie

With Safari dark mode, it is really difficult to distinguish between the private mode and the normal mode now

13. yukimura_vn macrumors newbie

yukimura_vn

I know this is not relate to the dark mode, but does anyone got safari glitch when scrolling. My issue is sometimes when I stop reading at the middle of the page, when I start to scroll, it got 1s pause then start to scroll. Does anyone got this issue also?