Safari won't connect. I'm about to smash this thing.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by digital821, May 14, 2011.

1. digital821 macrumors newbie

Hello anyone who can help.

For the past week my MacBook has been unable to connect to the wifi in my apartment building. It's very frustrating. I spent the last week in a hotel for work and the Internet worked perfectly. I get back home and nothing, it's bull ***** and I am going to throw this damn computer out the 12 story window in a minute.

Since I'm in a building I have access to routers or modems.

My network preferences says my airport is connected to my network and has an ip address. In "advanced" I have IPv4 on DHCP and I have it all connecting automatically. Under DNS servers I have two server address but they are greyed out, no real knowledge of how that works though so I leave it alone.

No proxies are selected.

Under network diagnostics, airport, airport settings, and network settings are all green. ISP, internet, and server are red and failed.

I have tried everything I know, and have searched google for hours over the past few days.

I have deleted all locations and added new ones, restarted, turned airport on and off but this retarded thing won't work and it's so frustrating.

Short of tearing it into millions of pieces and mailing it to apple with ****** you spray painted on it what are my options?

Oh yeah and this happened out of the blue last week while I was connected to the Internet. It just stopped working.

2. simsaladimbamba

What are the DNS servers that are listed?
    Have you tried a new location or is it set to automatic?

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Are you sure that there isn't an outage in the building? Does it work for the neighbors? If all is good there, try changing the two DNS servers listed to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 -- those are the free Google Public DNS that are always good (using them right now :) )

4. digital821 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on my iPad right now connected to the building wifi so I know there is no outage. I'll give the dns servers a try right now though.

As for the new location comment. In my first rant I clearly stated that I had tried that, thanks though.

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I just had something similar happen today. Internet was working fine then suddenly disconnected over Wifi (iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro). None of my Apple products would connect. Went to my windows machine and it connected right away. After trying everything I could think of to solve the problem, I decided to delete the network on my iPhone then connect to it again to see if that solved the problem. After reconnecting on the iPhone, everything else connected just fine. Still not sure what the problem was.