Safari Youtube5 Music Videos Not Playing & Other Safari Issues.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by GordonGekko999, Apr 2, 2015.

1. GordonGekko999 macrumors regular

I have the latest Safari with Youtube5 and ClicktoPlugIn, starting yesterday Youtube videos are not loading, I get an error message at the bottom of the video, it seems to only be happening with music videos.

Has anybody else experienced this?

If I right click on the particular video, safari will crash and all tabs will shut down. I did download the security update last week.

On a certain website, slickdeals, at times the font will go blurry for a second.

When I attempt to visit a new website, the blue bar will not progress, it will take five to ten seconds for the blue bar to start and load the website, if I hit return with the cursor in the address bar a second time, the website will load instantly, this seems to happen if I have not restarted the computer for a long time.

And finally I have bookmark sections underneath the address bar, there are times when I am attempting to open a bookmark within that section upon which a prompt will appear asking me if I want to open all the tabs in that section and I can't figure out if I am inadvertently hitting a key combination that is triggering this, does anybody know what sets this prompt off?

Thanks for any help you can provide. The most important issue is getting Youtube to work properly.

2. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I get an HTML5 issue now and then with YT videos. I'll get the error message like you mentioned and Safari will crash. I have Click2Flash enabled so when I reload the page I'll right click on the video and choose "load flash" and it plays fine. Still annoying though.

3. asoksevil macrumors 6502

Just use the ClikToFlash plugin there's no need for YouTube5 extension, even more now that it's not maintained anymore