Safe for UPS to hold package?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clickart, Sep 18, 2012.

1. clickart macrumors member

I was wondering if its safe to call the UPS parcel and tell them to hold your iPhone 5 for 9/21? I want to go pick it up after class.

2. LePigeonBleu, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

I asked UPS that same question, and was told I could then pick it up on Monday. I asked about Friday and they said no. I asked someone else with UPS and they said Friday.

Be careful.

EDIT:
    Chat with UPS

Mark: If I have it held at the station, will I be able to pick it up Friday?
    Lucy M.: You would need to contact us after the first attempt is made and before 7 pm to allow us to make arrangements.

3. clickart thread starter macrumors member

Ah so, they basically just said "if you don't pick it up when we deliver, then you can go to the parcel"

4. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

Well, they said, they have to have at least 1 delivery attempt. If you miss it, call UPS by 7PM and make arrangements (I'm assuming for Monday pickup)

m

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Just an FYI - hours at the Depot's vary GREATLY and don't assume that someones answer is what yours will be.

For me to attempt to get a package that was out I can't until 9pm.

If i have it held, it has been the next day when they would let me come by for it.

So, basically call and find out what the procedures/hours are at your local depot.

6. willmtaylor, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

NO!

Don't let any UPS deliverymen (or women) hold your package. It's unsanitary. I mean, think about all of the packages they handle in a day!!! Their hands are filthy.

7. I wontstop haha macrumors newbie

Its safe more the most part. I've done it many times.

Actually, you might can pick it up later the same night of delivery as indicated on the UPS slip

8. 617aircav Suspended

What do you mean by safe? I mean if they can safely deliver it why wouldnt they be able to safely hold. Ups deal with much higher value items all the time.

9. clickart thread starter macrumors member

Just called UPS, they are holding it at the parcel, I can pick it up at 9am rather than by end of day delivery..

10. mostlydave macrumors regular

When I preordered my iphone 4 from apple I was able to call fedex the night before and have them hold it at the depot so I could pick it up that morning when I was ready. That way you don't have to wait for a delivery attempt and there odd hours.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I had to have them do this when they delivered my MBP 4 days early, but they do have to attempt one delivery first.