Safe selling on eBay? Best way to sell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Jul 19, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

I like eBay because it's convienant and easy. I get to avoid dealing with people in person. Is there anyway not to get scammed? I heard PayPal covers buyer. What if I said I don't accept PayPal, am I fine the ?

2. Fresh1 macrumors regular

You'd just have to do money order or Western Union, I guess. You could go the route of check, but that's not too common these days. On the plus side, you do get to avoid PayPal's bullstuff.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Nothing would at them from disputing it with eBay...who also tends to favor the buyer. The money would still be yours, but your eBay account could come into question.

I know you said you don't care for interacting with people in person, but Craigs (and the like) are the best options and you don't have to worry about getting scammed, shipping, or crazy fees.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I stick with craigslist I look at what they are selling for on ebay to get my price. then I list it on craigs meet them in a very public place. police station is my favorite and get cash in hand. I always been able to pick out a serious cash in hand buyer over the shopper or scammer.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

eBay forces you to use paypal or another "safe" method of payment (by safe they probably mean a method of payment where eBay can take a cut :p) so you can't say you don't accept paypal the option will always be there for buyers. You could bank deposit/western union preferred though, although for buyers that could make it look like a scam.

I've been dealing on eBay for a few years now and never had a major problem with any buyer. As long as you say you will only accept buyers with 100% positive feedback and 50+ feedback, which I do, you SHOULD be fine. However if your worried you can always use Craigslist or similar which is slightly more safe.

Keep in mind you can also make a eBay sale pay on Pickup only so it can be like craigslist just with the audience ebay gets.