safely selling IP5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xrayz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. xrayz macrumors member

I have a new sealed IP5 from ATT which it looks like I will not use. Switching from ATT to VZW, ordered both ATT and VZW IP5's. VZW has far better reception in & around my house, so buh-bye ATT. Will be porting my number today or tomorrow.

My question is what happens if I sell my ATT IP5 with the sim still in there? Since my ATT acct would be closed, is there any risk to me? Seems like it is easier to sell a sealed phone than one that's been opened.

I guess I could just return the phone and pay no ETF, but it seems like even after paying the ETF I come out ahead selling at the current ebay prices.

2. 617aircav Suspended

Just saw a 16gb 5 sell for 725. Thats less than 100 above the no commitment price. Fees would be around $80, then shipping and insurance another 18 or so. Profit would be very small.

3. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

...but that wasn't the question;).

I'm looking to sell my sealed/boxed at&t 5 also. I'll still be on the current phone line that the 5 was ordered on though. I'm sticking with my 4s.

What would be the best procedure to sell the phone without activation issues?

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Seems like I read somewhere you have to keep the phone for at least a month before you can do the ETF, otherwise you just have to return it.

But, I guess you can sell it.