Saints Linebacker Fujita Tackles Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Feb 4, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's taken how long? Who cares. I find it encouraging that pro sports players now feel they can discuss gay rights if they want. Not that a football player's opinion really matters, but it's nice to see them talking about it and they will actually most likely reach a few more people.

http://www.advocate.com/Sports/New_Orleans_Saints_Linebacker_Scott_Fujita_Talks_Gay_Rights/

Good for him. It does take guts to speak out, especially for football players.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Well, I suppose his opinion matters as much as anyone else's, except perhaps legislators.

That's the real question. Surely other players will come out in support as well, in time - but will there be a backlash against them from some of their colleagues first?

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

You'll change your tune fast as soon as a football player speaks out against Gay marriage. Careful what you wish for, these guys hold sway with more people than I care to imagine.

SLC

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sure there will be. I'm there already has been.

Why would I change my tune? Pro sports teams have long been the most homophobic institutions outside of churches. That's nothing new. Remember John Rocker? It's nice to hear something to the contrary, that's all.