Salvation Army bans Duggar cult’s ‘retreat’ that promoted arranged marriages for teen girls

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 5, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Un****ing believable. I thought **** like this only happened with the religion of peace.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/sal...tm_campaign=Feed:+TheRawStory+(The+Raw+Story)

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I take it uyou have never seen the purity balls? where daughters pledge their virginity to their fathers?

3. Limey77 macrumors regular

It's not often at all that I'll congratulate the Salvation Army, but well done to them.

This type of crap is just brainwashing and indoctrination of the worst kind. I genuinely pity anyone involved and the fact they are so naive and gullible.

One day we'll finally be able to move beyond the fallacy of religion and all the harm it does - just not in our lifetimes.

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Welcome To The Bizarre And Beautiful World Of Purity Balls

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

ya think? i know it is crazy I have seen so much crazy with fundies.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The day we move beyond religion is the day we move beyond reality shows, since those seem to have a similar effect...

8. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

religion the biggest reality show :D:rolleyes:

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought purity balls meant something else.

"who are committed to young, fruitful marriage and to help them overcome the barriers which have kept their children unmarried.”

I would think the crack pot religion is what kept normal dudes away from their daughters.

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I have seen questionnaires that the boys have to fill out before daddy will let them ask daddy to court the daughter. Some of the more famous fundies have real trouble selling I mean marring their daughters as no one is good enough. Couples can't be by themselves they can't kiss side hugs and constant chaperone.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the main guy in this has had some pretty good posts going on that are now private.