Sams Club Canceling Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by REDTAZ, Sep 20, 2012.

1. REDTAZ macrumors regular

Anybody else here pre-order from Sams Club and recieved an e-mail this morning stating that they would no longer be able to fulfill the pre-order?

2. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Yep. I went into my Sam's, since I was nearby when I got the email, and they said that they won't have any tomorrow. They showed me the list of preorders with my name on it. I did get to play with the demo iPhone 5 black that they'd just opened for a couple of minutes. It feels great in the hand and looks terrific. I didn't get much more than that since it wasn't on LTE or wifi yet.

3. REDTAZ thread starter macrumors regular

Also got this email and was highly frustrated by it. Going away for college tomorrow so I'l be lining up outside an Apple Store now to get it tomorrow otherwise I won't have a phone for college >.< My manager was telling me that Sams Club may be giving out something for the inconvenience so we'll see how that works out. My Sams Club said they would have some but they had NO idea how many.

4. katai macrumors regular

I got the email too. They are only selling the 16gb?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Not sure if it is so much a cancel, but a sold out situation. Maybe?

6. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

I got a call from my SAMs today and they told me that although my pre-order was confirmed, they were only getting a shipment of white phones and since I wanted blk, they wanted to know if I still wanted one. I decided to keep my Order, but then I called a different SAMs and they told me they couldn't even guarantee they would be getting a shipment. He mentioned something about a "global shipping delay". This could have something to do with it.

7. Lintrix macrumors member

I'm rather confused. Why would you guys pre-order from SAMs club of all places? Did they offer some sort of discount?

8. REDTAZ thread starter macrumors regular

In California it benefits to pre-order from them because you pay tax on only the $200 price and not the entire $650 price.

9. Lintrix macrumors member

Got it. Thank you for the insight.

10. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

I can't speak for anybody else, but I ordered mine from SAMs because I knew I could bypass the chaos of an Apple or AT&T store. Also, I knew I could get in and out on my lunch hour.

11. kevink2 macrumors 65816

In Oklahoma I'm only getting charged sales tax from apple.com for the subsidized price. Or estimated $35 for my $399 order.

12. DArsenault macrumors regular

Well it seems for some that benefit is keeping you from keeping an iPhone on release day.

13. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

This is indeed true for some. I see that I, too, have gotten the e mail from SAMs detailing the delays in shipments, but the shipping delays don't affect all stores. In fact, the e mail is generic and seems to suggest that if your order is affected someone will call you. I spoke to someone personally from my SAMs today and she already confirmed that her store had the iPhones already in stock. They just wanted to know what time I was planning to pick mine up. That's how she knew they only got one color.

I feel reasonably confident in knowing that my iPhone will be available tmrw am at 8 and since I have a business acct with SAMs, I can get in the store an hour early and stand in line. If something changes, or if my phone is not available, I guess I'll be in line with thousands (millions?) of others tmrw.

14. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Were you able to get your's today? My store called me yesterday and said that they won't have the iPhone 5 preorders in for 7 to 10 business days. I stopped by the nearby AT&T store this morning and got one. :)

15. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

Yup! Walked right in at 8 and picked it up. No hassel at all. That particular store only got ten and confirmed that not all SAMs received shipments as anticipated.