Samsung 22” Widescreen Monitor (226BW)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MoncoZero, Aug 15, 2007.

1. MoncoZero macrumors member

I need a monitor so I can transfer data from my g4 to my 15" MBP. (Roommates cat somehow knocked my old apple one off my desk... no roommates/pets this year). After the transfer I want to use the Samsung as a home monitor for my laptop.

Anybody know anything positive/negative about this model? Any others I should look at?

2. AuPhalanx macrumors regular

AuPhalanx

I have the 22" Samsung SyncMaster 906BW. I must say it is excellent in every respect. I bought it as a secondary monitor for my 24" iMac nad have been very pleased with it. For the price, it really can't be beat. I bought mine at Best Buy and it was under $250.

I hope this helps!

Have fun ... Tony.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

To transfer files it would probably be easier to just connect the two macs with a firewire cable and boot the G4 into target disk mode (I believe you do this by holding T on boot). It will show up on the MBP as an external hard drive.

As far as the monitor goes, Samsung makes some of the best LCDs. You can't really go wrong with them.

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

i have this monitor for 360 gaming and i use as a pc monitor and its ace.

5. MoncoZero thread starter macrumors member

Thank you everybody.

I ended up buying the Samsung 2232GW based on a quote in this "review". (I put "review" in quotes because it is hard to trust one found on the company's site that is trying to sell you the product.)

http://www.samsung.com/us/experienc...FL=VIEW&PageNo=1&OrderFL=DATE&EXPRV_SEQ=10069

The quote: "The 2232GW like its predecessor, the 226BW...." -I guess the 2232GW is newer.

Also, I read about the the 226BW and apparently there are a few versions of the monitor 226BW-A and 226BW-S, the "S" is supposed to be better and it is luck of the draw for which one you actually get.

6. MoncoZero thread starter macrumors member