Phones Samsung bringing back the flip phone. Android, 2.3 Ghz quad core 2gig of ram.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by akuma13, May 19, 2014.

1. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

3. akuma13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I would have prefered an actual qwerty keyboard but at least the keypad is somewhat functional.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Samsung will build and put out anything just to see if it will work with the general public. Just stick with the S and Note Series. But, at the rate the S size is increasing each year, there may only be a Note line.

5. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

2 screens on the INSIDE would have been pretty cool, oh well.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

This looks really cool, I would love to try one for a bit, I miss the satisfying closing clamshell when hanging up.

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

My wife would love this.

She still uses a flip phone, partly because touch phones drive her crazy, and she rarely has the need to type anything. (And yeah, she loves that it's easy to click a button to answer, and that it hangs up when she closes it.)

Yet she also needs / desires the ability to VIEW weather, photos, Facebook, email, etc.

This could be great for many seniors as well.

The slab all-touch format isn't perfect for everyone.

8. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Not the first time Samsung has done this. Anyone remember when this beauty was announced?

Attached Files:

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

There are lots of people who still like flip phones.

I remember the 2006 HTC Star Trek, which looked a bit like an old Trek Communicator, and ran Windows Mobile:

2006_StarTrek.jpg

10. lazard macrumors 65816

Most likely exclusive for the Japanese market where flip phones are still popular.

11. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Actually Chinese market. They sure do love their flip phones.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

I actually saw someone hold a Samsung Galaxy Golden in my recent trip and it looked pretty awesome from a distance.

Flip phones seem very 90's/mid-00's-ish but I wouldn't mind seeing it make a comeback. Same slab designs is getting redundant.Samsung brought back the stylus with the Note. Flip phones add thickness but at least your screen won't always get smudged up and will be protected when closed.

I personally felt Motorola made the best-looking flip phones going far back to StarTac and ending with the RAZR2 Luxury Edition designed by David Beckham. I went crazy for the Motorola V600 when I first saw a pic of it on PhoneScoop which was just a fatter version of the super popular, original RAZR V3 released later that year.