Samsung DLP TV. No sound or video for 30 min.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nunes013, Oct 5, 2014.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

I am trying to help my grandfather with a problem he is having with his DLP TV. It is a Samsung that he bought seven years ago. The model number is HLT5676SX/XAA. Whenever he turns on the TV, it does the startup "beep," but takes about 30 minutes for a picture and sound to appear. I don't believe it is the bulb because the bulb was just replaced last year and when the TV does turn on, the picture is not dim. I thought maybe the processor might be failing since the TV is on for many hours during the day and it is seven years old. I'm trying to get him into buying an LED TV, but he wants to see if this can be fixed first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Has he tried it with different inputs? What input is he currently using? Might be a tuner or HDMI issue so trying different sources could help isolate it. Since the sound and video come on after some time the projector doesn't seem to have a problem.

3. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

I don't think he has tried different inputs yet. He does it setup through HDMI. Ill have him try a different HDMI input and see if that fixes it. Thanks!!!