Samsung Focus (Windows Phone) beats iPhone + Android Phones in PCMag survey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSideshow, May 25, 2011.

1. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

2. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

Not surprising , its 4 inch screen super amoled phone is the perfect to pair with an ipod touch. 49$ price tag also helps.

3. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Saw that phone at At&t store, I still prefer iPhone 4 but I had a few Androids and think WP7 is better than the Android experience. Their look and concept is original and works very well. It at least has proper integration with both Mac and PC out of the box. The simple color tiles look great on the amoled and it flows and scrolls as well as IOS. If I ran Windows computer I would buy one.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I bet if they factored in Tech Support and Repairs to the Samsung results it would be below the iPhone. Apple consistently gets far better marks on CS than ANY competitor.

5. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Would be smart if M$ took care of the support and servivced them from their own stores that they are openning.

6. iWinning macrumors member

7. macdragonfl, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011

macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

Have not had good luck with Samsung phones the problems was always the operating system updates take forever. Have Galaxy S for work. Not up to iPhone experience. Prefer the iPhone but think Wp7 is better choice than Android. It will be cool when the put on on the better hardware platforms that Android phones are on now.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Two words: 'sampling bias'.

In any case, to quote the article:

However, when it comes to customer satisfaction, Apple's iOS platform still gets the highest overall rating from our readers.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Never again will I own a Samsung phone. The build quality is cheap and their support is worse. I sincerely hope they have shaped up over the past few years and can provide products better than what I was unfortunate enough to have.

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

The Samsung Focus is a great phone, not surprise. It runs a WP7 (which is great) and the screen is nice.

A little off topic but I see this a lot; your signature that says you don't list Apple products "like an idiot"...that's really narrowed-minded & presumptuous.

One of the main reasons people started/still do list the products on their signature is that whenever they talk about their iPhone or Mac, they don't have to continuously list its specs/version when asking for help.

For example, if I made a thread saying my MacBook won't do 3-finger gestures, someone can see which my MacBook in my sig & say that it doesn't support 3 finger gestures.

11. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I hadn't noticed that until you brought it up, and I completely agree with your points. But hey, being non-conformist is 'cool', right? :p

12. Skika macrumors 68030

Oh look, another X is better/vs iPhone thread!

13. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I happen to kinda like the Focus. I love my IP4 to much to give it up though. The Focus is a great phone for a newbie or basic needs smart phone user. Example, I told my sister in law who is not a techy or geek at all to get it because I think for what she wanted was going to work. Any she loves it, she only needs it to take pics, read a few emails, post to facebook and something easy to use.

I've said this before, i think most people on this forum wouldn't be able to use the older WP7 OS without getting bored and moving back to iOS. Not sure what Mango is going to be like but This is my Next reported there wasn't all that much visually that has changed.

14. ph00ny macrumors member

They were the first to release gingerbread updates.
    Blame it on at&t. They're always the last ones to release updates.

Same exact device (captivate) on two different carriers (at&t and rogers)
    At&t released the device few months ahead of rogers but they were few months behind rogers in releasing the 2.2 update

Every custom rom so far has been based on european releases from europe

15. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

I don't care. I like my iPhone. if this was of any importance, it wouldn't have to be said on an apple site. When Apple talks it makes national and international news. When android talks they only want to whine on an apple site?:rolleyes:

16. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

@the.sheepdog you have no idea how fast android has exploded. As of now it is the most popular smart phone os in both the us and the rest of the world. (an no it is not due to the "bogo" phones, the galaxy s II is the most popular phone in the uk.) When google has something to say about android everyone listens. You won't see the pro-android sites they will not cover the ios demo as much as this site covered the android anouncements. iOS is great but abdroid is something else.