Samsung Galaxy III blows past 4S preorders, "most preordered gadget in history".

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Unspeaked, May 22, 2012.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

LINK

2. Tinyluph macrumors regular

Well, I guess a lot of people really enjoy awful products.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Cool. It doesn't make the iPhone 4S a worse phone does it?

Who really cares?

4. Rennir macrumors 6502

Not sure where you're getting this from, but the S3 is a great phone.

From the looks of the article, seems like the S3 will do great sales wise :) Where are all those people doubting the S3?

Read the subforum title again. See that word "Industry"? Samsung happens to be a part of that.

Also, since people on this forum love citing sales figures (granted this isn't sales, just preorders), I'm guessing they'd like another handy fact to use in their arguments?

5. Tinyluph macrumors regular

Pretty unimpressed myself. The design is cheap looking and nothing we haven't seen a thousand times before. The display is junky pentile. The only thing that particularly stands out about the SIII is the processor speeds.

If I were an Android user I'd take the One X over the SIII any day of the week.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

That is awfully opinionated and narrow minded. Although I do agree that the product is not for me.

7. zewazir macrumors member

Does this mean 80-hour weeks for the workers in the factories making components or assembling the phones? Shame on you, Samsung! Shame!;)

8. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Wow. This is something I never expected to see-at least for a while. 9 Million?! That's insane!:eek:
    I love seeing all these people who are so quick to point to Apple's sales figures to show their dominance of the market, but when Samsung has greater sales figures (at least in preorders) they talk about how they are "just numbers" and "it's not important." :rolleyes:

9. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

How much hands on time have you had with it? I haven't seen one yet. I'd like to hear your personal experiences on use, speed, screen etc. In what way is the display inferior? You mean the design isn't revolutionary like the iPhone 4? And 4S? And maybe the iPhone 5 too?

10. Tinyluph macrumors regular

Have you used a Galaxy Nexus? It's the same technology. It looks like ass next to the iPhone. The design is bad looking. I don't know what else to tell you, since that's my opinion. It's plastic with disgusting faux-metal and a boring pill-shape.

Cute post, but I'm not LTD.

11. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

What does LTD have to do with it? You made a few statements and I asked about your hands on experiences. You said the display was no good. I asked for your feedback. Apparently you have no actual experience with the phone?

12. Tinyluph macrumors regular

You're making the same kind of response to an LTD post that was made in another thread, and you're doing so facetiously because it's pretty hard to have experience with a product that isn't even out yet.

It wouldn't even matter if it were though because nothing I criticized the phone over isn't based off information readily available to us. Here's a wake up call: I don't need to hold the phone in my hands to know pentile displays suck or think the phone's design looks atrocious. If we only discussed things based on first-hand experiences this would be a pretty dull forum.

13. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I thought that you might be speaking from first hand experience. I don't need a wake up call. You're not discussing the product, you're bashing it on second hand information.

14. Tinyluph macrumors regular

No you didn't.

But okay.

15. Stu-Pid macrumors newbie

I'm a bit confused about this part:

So are these actual customer pre-orders or simply shops and carriers ordering stock based on anticipated demand?

Impressive numbers either way.

16. danahn17 macrumors 6502

If the SIII was instead labelled "iPhone 5," those same people would say this is the best phone ever :rolleyes:

17. Rennir macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

You might want to read the OP.

And here's the source.

I guess you're not really a technology enthusiast, only a fan of Apple, if you can't even grasp the fact that technology improves? :D

18. smoledman macrumors 68000

Is that 9 million carrier pre-orders or from actual human beings?

19. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Well that certainly makes you go HMMMMMMMMMMM.

'Anticipated demand'... surely we wouldn't consider anticipated demand anything close to an actual preorder... right?

20. smoledman macrumors 68000

Imagine the actual demand is 4 million, carriers stuck with 5 million bricks. Bad move!

21. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well we will se once it comes out! Sounds more like carriers demand than customers actually pre order it.

22. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Wonder why the HTC One X isn't stealing more of the spotlight?

23. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

In other news, Ford sells more cars than Ferrari or Mercedes.

24. smoledman macrumors 68000

iPhones = Ferrari of mobile phones
    Samsung Galaxy S line = Ford Fiesta

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

25. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

My post was pretty tongue in cheek, but in terms of profit margin its probably not a bad analogy :D