Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speedbreaker26

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
Now that the dust has settled, I've been thinking on what would make me upgrade to the Note 11. At the moment, I think, a massive camera upgrade, or a massive battery upgrade, would be the only two things that would get me to upgrade. I have no issues with picture quality of the camera, so if the Note 11 came with a massive jump in megapixles, while not getting worse in pq, I would upgrade. Going to 40+ MP would be worth the upgrade for me. I love the flexibility cropping gives. The other reason for me to upgrade, graphene batteries. I keep hearing more talk of this. If it happens, I'm upgrading. The idea of a battery holding more capacity at a smaller size, and being able to charge much quicker at the same time, all the while being safer, definitely gives me reason to upgrade. Anyone else upgrading 2 years down the road, but would upgrade sooner for a specific feature(s)?

Im hearing samsung going for 108 megapixels for s11!

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I had to return my note 10+ as the speaker on a phone call was barely audible. I tried several different people on different providers with no joy.

I expected them to offer a replacement but got an email to say they’d refunded me instead!

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I had to return my note 10+ as the speaker on a phone call was barely audible. I tried several different people on different providers with no joy.

I expected them to offer a replacement but got an email to say they’d refunded me instead!

LOL they just give money away. You getting another one or switching?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Don’t know at the moment. I’m using an Xs max whilst I decide on what’s next. Back in comfort zone at the moment

I was happy with the Note with the exception of the consistency of the camera. After a weekend of getting absolutely furious with it when I couldn’t get a good shot of my kids at a get together, I decided to move on and passively sell it, expecting it to take weeks. Well, it took 3 hours on Swappa and I suddenly didn’t have a phone other than my daughter’s old pink iPhone 7. While I didn’t want to me using that, it reminded me of how much easier iOS is. Thankfully I found an 11 Pro in stock the next day and it’s good to be back.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I was happy with the Note with the exception of the consistency of the camera. After a weekend of getting absolutely furious with it when I couldn’t get a good shot of my kids at a get together, I decided to move on and passively sell it, expecting it to take weeks. Well, it took 3 hours on Swappa and I suddenly didn’t have a phone other than my daughter’s old pink iPhone 7. While I didn’t want to me using that, it reminded me of how much easier iOS is. Thankfully I found an 11 Pro in stock the next day and it’s good to be back.

Back on an iPhone again? It had sounded like the Note 10+ was the phone to beat all phones for you. Was it primarily the camera?

And who won the ‘when will mjschabow switch back to iPhone pool?’ ;)

(j/k of course ?)

Reactions: yui4 and jamezr

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Back on an iPhone again? It had sounded like the Note 10+ was the phone to beat all phones for you. Was it primarily the camera?

And who won the ‘when will mjschabow switch back to iPhone pool?’ ;)

(j/k of course )

It really was the camera. And don’t get me wrong, it’s capable of taking some amazing pictures, but I couldn’t trust it, especially when it came to taking pics of the kids.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Im hearing samsung going for 108 megapixels for s11!

Wow, I'd absolutely would be fine with 40MP. I just read, the S11 will be getting 5x optical zoom as well. According to Ice Universe, it will not be a normal 5x optical zoom. He apparently is implying it will be superior to the Huawei one. I'm starting to think I might have to break my plans on a 2 year upgrade cycle.

Reactions: 5105973

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
How are you enjoying the 11 Pro in comparison? I’m assuming it’s smoother?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
How are you enjoying the 11 Pro in comparison? I’m assuming it’s smoother?

I'd say as far as smoothness goes, there's really not a difference. The Note 10 Plus is a freaking amazing device. Best screen, very smooth, very well built. Samsung desperately needs to focus on camera technology though because they've unfortunately slipped way behind Apple and Google now. It's just simply not a point and shoot camera, especially in challenging situations. Even with taking pics of people, the tone was always too pale and not accurate. Sure, you can edit the photos, but I'd like to get a good shot without having to always go back and edit on the fly.

Back to the 11 Pro. Awesome device. Best iPhone I've ever used. And really what it comes down to is that it's just easier to use for me.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I'd say as far as smoothness goes, there's really not a difference. The Note 10 Plus is a freaking amazing device. Best screen, very smooth, very well built. Samsung desperately needs to focus on camera technology though because they've unfortunately slipped way behind Apple and Google now. It's just simply not a point and shoot camera, especially in challenging situations. Even with taking pics of people, the tone was always too pale and not accurate. Sure, you can edit the photos, but I'd like to get a good shot without having to always go back and edit on the fly.

Back to the 11 Pro. Awesome device. Best iPhone I've ever used. And really what it comes down to is that it's just easier to use for me.
Hmm, okay. All of the YouTube reviews I’ve watched about the 11 Pro have praised it, in particular its camera and battery life. I might treat myself and get one later this year. It should last me 3-4 years without any issues. There’s no way I could depend on any Android lasting me that long, I think.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Hmm, okay. All of the YouTube reviews I’ve watched about the 11 Pro have praised it, in particular its camera and battery life. I might treat myself and get one later this year. It should last me 3-4 years without any issues. There’s no way I could depend on any Android lasting me that long, I think.

That’s one thing I didn’t mention. Battery life. Amazing on the Note 10. Out of this world on the iPhone 11 Pro.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Saw a Note 10 5G used for 3 weeks for sale today for £760. Was really tempted because that's a decent saving. Probably better to wait until the Pixel event though.

And despite my annoyances of iOS, the camera, battery & finally a dark mode make it very appealing.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Saw a Note 10 5G used for 3 weeks for sale today for £760. Was really tempted because that's a decent saving. Probably better to wait until the Pixel event though.

And despite my annoyances of iOS, the camera, battery & finally a dark mode make it very appealing.
I do miss the note 10 +. If it were only about phones alone then I would have kept the note 10, it was just the whole ecosystem thing.

I really miss the s-pen though. Mainly for my colouring. I’ve ordered this adonit snap stylus. I know it’s no where near as good as the S-pen but I’ll see.
The screen on the note 10+ is the best I’ve ever seen. I miss multi window and pop up video.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I do miss the note 10 +. If it were only about phones alone then I would have kept the note 10, it was just the whole ecosystem thing.

I really miss the s-pen though. Mainly for my colouring. I’ve ordered this adonit snap stylus. I know it’s no where near as good as the S-pen but I’ll see.
The screen on the note 10+ is the best I’ve ever seen. I miss multi window and pop up video.
Do you have an 11 Pro/Pro Max? It's the massive screen, pen and One UI that appeals the most. Not sure if I can justify £1300 for an iPhone though.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Do you have an 11 Pro/Pro Max? It's the massive screen, pen and One UI that appeals the most. Not sure if I can justify £1300 for an iPhone though.
Yeah I have the 11 pro now. I like the camera but apart from that it’s the same old. Same old. The screen on the note is really nice. Obviously I like the iPhone and the Apple ecosystem works better for me but the iPhone feels like an ordinary phone. The note 10+ was a special phone.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Lmaoooo. This is why I’m scared to get an Android. I know I’ll go back to Apple.
The fear is real!
[automerge]1570652119[/automerge]
Lmaoooo. This is why I’m scared to get an Android. I know I’ll go back to Apple.
What hasn’t helped is 3 things:

11 pro max is now readily available to pick up in store
The wife wants her Xs max back
And errr........I bought a Apple Watch series 5 today :)

Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Yeah I have the 11 pro now. I like the camera but apart from that it’s the same old. Same old. The screen on the note is really nice. Obviously I like the iPhone and the Apple ecosystem works better for me but the iPhone feels like an ordinary phone. The note 10+ was a special phone.

Summed up perfectly!

One other thing. Apps still work better on iOS. Prime example. Yahoo Fantasy Football. It just wouldn’t update on the Note 10 unless I force closed and relaunched it. And then I got the iPhone 11 Pro and it suddenly works without a hitch.

Reactions: jamezr

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Summed up perfectly!

One other thing. Apps still work better on iOS. Prime example. Yahoo Fantasy Football. It just wouldn’t update on the Note 10 unless I force closed and relaunched it. And then I got the iPhone 11 Pro and it suddenly works without a hitch.
Ive left bad reviews for this app on Google Play telling them that this is an issue and has been for nearly 2 years now. Yahoo just replied back to update to the latest version. Their mobile department are clueless.

Reactions: mjschabow

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
That is exactly why i keep 2 phones. One Android and an iPhone.
I get bored with IOS really fast...but love the user experience.
Then I love Android and how it can do almost anything you want it to.....
Can't wait for the Pixel 4 XL to be announced next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.