Phones Samsung Galaxy S11

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kkh786, Aug 1, 2019.

1. kkh786 macrumors 6502

kkh786

As we are fast approaching the announcement of the latest Samsung flagship (Note 10).. I guess it is about time we start to discuss the next one.. the Samsung Galaxy S11 (along with all its variants)!

There are already very interesting rumours out there such as the notch-less full screen display?! :)

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

That would be really nice to finally have the full screen we've dreamed about since before the iPhone was announced. Like the One Plus 7 Pro but from Samsung. I jumped on the S10 because the headphone jack is going away and I use it almost every day, also while charging the phone. Otherwise I would have been interested in waiting for the S11 potentially. I hope 4k phones start coming out next year especially in the larger Plus sizes.

3. michael9891 macrumors 65816

This is one render I've seen of it. I really hope we don't see phones as curved as this. Because no matter what else it features, this much would ruin it for me.

Attached Files:

4. trinec macrumors newbie

Ah, right - had an Android one for 3 weeks with curved display. It looked sooo awesome but what the heck - holding the phone it made it on own's one. Actions were done that I never wanted... So I still hope to see only to get rid of the sensor bar of iPhone to have a flat display only device without any curves.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

IMO, 1440 x 3040 is already more than enough resolution. I'm hoping for a bump in refresh rate. 90hz would be nice.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

That too definitely. I'm a bit of a sucker for hi-res and was holding out for 4k for awhile but it just hasn't materialized in the mainstream yet. It's easy to see why... it's pretty overkill. But, it would be amazing on a smartphone of any size.

7. Londoner1982 macrumors member

I hope that Samsubg finally implement at least a 5x zoom on this phone, I'm sure they will this time around.

8. pika2000 macrumors 603

I’m only interested in whether Samsung is still going to use Blackpink for the S11 or not.