Samsung SSD 470 Tested on a MBP!!! Right of the press from Fox Business!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickZac, Jan 7, 2011.

1. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Check it out, they did their comparisons on a 15 inch MBP which is pretty cool, as it is often hard to go off of PC data figures. I am also impressed to see a mainsteam organization test a product on a more expensive MBP

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...scom-review-samsung-series-solid-state-drive/

The read and write speeds weren't quite as fast as the SandForce models, but they are impressive

Also, check out the performance stats of the Seagate Momentus 7200 500GB HDD...they are 76 read and write which is also very impressive!!!

Conclusion: "The Samsung 470 Series Solid State Drive is an excellent option for any power-user who demands the fastest data access times for transferring files and launching applications. But you will pay an extra penny or two for it."

It is a good thing to see the mainstream recognition of SSDs which indicates they must be gaining popularity!

2. cburton04 macrumors member

I wonder what the speed differences would be when compared with the Seagate Momentus XT.

3. bereda macrumors member

i have the 500 7200 option on my icore i5 2.4ghz plus the better screenthe only extra i didbt get was ram im getting now so 8 gigs

4. bobdobalina, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017