Samsung Sues Apple Over iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
I was told chinese goophone intend to sue apple like Samesung. You can sue anyone for anything, but you won't be successful unless you sue on some proper basis. :p

Comment

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Samsung just wants to try to distract Apple from innovating with all these frivolous law suits

Comment

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Samsung sues Apple, likely over LTE patents that are FRAND and already licensed via Qualcomm. They don't have a leg to stand on. Its pure intimidation. And it works in the public eye. Samsung-fanboys will run out defending poor defenseless mega-conglomerate that's 1/5 of the GDP of the entire country of South Korea.

Comment

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
trial scheduled for 2014.... 2 more generations of iphones will be out by then, 4 to 6 more samsung galaxy smartphones/notes. :p

Comment

oBMTo

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2010
Samsung just wants to try to distract Apple from innovating with all these frivolous law suits
Uh, you have that wrong. Apple is distracting themselves with all of their lawsuits. Hence the failure known as the iPhone 5.

And before you reply with a nonsensical post about sales numbers, I have two words for you: Justin Bieber.

Comment

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
And before you reply with a nonsensical post about sales numbers, I have two words for you: Justin Bieber.

Also +1 for you. I never got the obsession with Apple's sales figures, as if they made up for the shortcomings of iOS.

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Why bother wasting more money on lawyers and lawsuits?
Didnt they lose enough already?
Just getting totally out of control now isn't it? Surely some form of common ground can be found without constant referral to the copyright lawyers. Apple have been getting progressively more litigious over the last 5 years or so, and I have no problem with them protecting their intellectual property...But come on folks, spend the dollars on new products instead of in the courtroom and give us all a break from this.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Uh, you have that wrong. Apple is distracting themselves with all of their lawsuits. Hence the failure known as the iPhone 5.

You are right that Apple is suing a lot but seems like Samsung is on the losing end with all their court cases either thrown out, Apple wins or billion dollars awarded to Apple. So why waste more time and money? Maybe its a strategy of some kind.
I'd have to disagree that the iphone 5 is anywhere near a failure but whatever you say.
Not sure why you're a fan of Justin Bieber but whatever makes you happy dude:D

Comment

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
How long until they shoot themselves in the foot and submit evidence that says they were trying to copy Apple...again.

Comment

slayerz96

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Singapore
"As soon as the iPhone 5 was available for purchase, Samsung began its investigation of the product"

Obviously this is just revenge. This sentence says it all.

Comment

Rud3Bwoy

Suspended
Oct 9, 2011
funny how people mock samsung yet apple is trying to sue everyone and there mother,hence them trying to sue a grocery store i believe off a logo that looks like a apple lmao

----------

"As soon as the iPhone 5 was available for purchase, Samsung began its investigation of the product"

Obviously this is just revenge. This sentence says it all.
far from it,any smart company would wait until another company drops there products that infringe any copyright laws to collect money off it's sale or ban the sale of the product,no one would sue before the actual item was out,well any smart person

Comment

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Apple hasnt innovated for years, samsung doesnt need to do anything for that.
Apart from creating the worlds fastest smartphone in a form factor that is nearly half the physical size of that of it's closest rival. Innovation is more than skin deep.

Comment

dk206

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
London
Apart from creating the worlds fastest smartphone in a form factor that is nearly half the physical size of that of it's closest rival. Innovation is more than skin deep.
lol ahahhahah laughed at this so much. There are fanboys for every OS huh?
They have one thing in common though. They have no clue what they are talking about....sadly.

Comment

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
Justin Bieber is a failure? I hate everything about him, but a failure he is not. What exactly makes him a failure?

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.