Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Here is Samsung Anti-iPhone 5 Ad, what do you guys think? The last one for the iPhone made me laugh.

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-anti-iphone-5-ad-full-size.jpg

Edit: There's another thread on this already, see here. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1442552/

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Well done Samsung. *pats Samsung on the head, Samsung skips off down the street.

bearsbears

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
New York, NY
Seems desperate to me. On launch day I saw a sponsored tweet from Samsung saying something like "The next big thing is already here, we'll help you be the next big thing" laaame

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
I think it's a good ad honestly.

I think it will do what it aims to do, get people who might have been considering iPhone to at least consider another phone (mainly theirs). Of course it is not aimed at the people who are die hard iOS fans (like most people here). But at the crowd that Apple also aims for, the ones who don't really pay close attention and just want a phone that does stuff.

I think it's smart how they make sure to have a longer list of specs to make it look like their phone has more. It doesn't matter if people don't know what that stuff is, the fact that the list is longer will make it look like a better deal in itself (good marketing ploy there). It actually compares stats that Apple is known for being good and making their phone look better (battery life). I like their jab at the plug, I think that was a pretty clever wording. I also think it's kinda clever how they just put Retina DIsplay next to HD Super Amoled (with a trademark to let you know that's branded ;) ) display. It just makes it seem to those who don't know like it must be a good display when they are playing it up so much.

I think the ad will do what they want it to do, which is get people curious as to their phone.

I also think it shows that they feel Apple is in the lead here because you don't mention your competition unless you are "losing" so to speak. If you are ahead of the game you don't want to remind people that there are other products. But if you know they already know, there is no harm. Pepsi here is the exception (and they have pretty clever ads too).

And no, I'm not an Android fan, I just think it is good marketing (same way as i can admire Pepsi ads even though I much prefer Coke. Hell, I took a psychology of advertising class who the teacher also worked for Coke and even he admired Pepsi's advertisements and thought they were pretty clever).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.