San Antonio iPhone 5 Line Meeup - La Cantera Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by besweeet2, Sep 14, 2012.

1. besweeet2 macrumors member

besweeet2

Hey guys! Anybody planning on waiting in line at the La Cantera Apple Store on the 21st? I'm new to San Antonio, and have never waited in lines overnight for anything before, so I'm curious as to how everything will go down. I didn't pre-order one, primarily because I wanted to see the two colors before figuring out which one to get. I simply cannot choose between the black or white one.

2. cjmal macrumors 6502

I'll be there as well! I'm in the same boat as you. I'm new here and I have no idea how everything is organized. I heard security won't even let people near the mall till about 5 a.m. If anyone else has any info please let us know!

3. besweeet2 thread starter macrumors member

besweeet2

I plan on stopping buy on Wednesday (as well as a Best Buy) to see if they have any plans, and to see if any of their employees know how things went last year.

4. ApplePicker15 macrumors newbie

I will be there early friday morning as well. From what i heard security doesnt really get mad about what time you get there... This will be my first time camping out there for an iPhone but Im occasionally there for jordan shoe releases and security is pretty cool about letting us wait. I have been there sometimes at 3am to wait but I expect the iPhone craze to be alot bigger...

5. besweeet2 thread starter macrumors member

besweeet2

I changed my mind on the Apple Store. Will be going to an AT&T store instead. Won't have to wait in lines nearly as long, at least from some of the research that I've done.

6. ApplePicker15 macrumors newbie

Good luck at the att store i heard theyre supplies are VERY limited... :confused:

7. besweeet2 thread starter macrumors member

besweeet2

Overall, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1443610 seems pretty positive, especially since there's about 5 stores within 10 minutes of where I live.

8. mrmarxx macrumors newbie

I'll be there..

I would like to know if I should take a chair or are we gonna have to run to the area at that time?:(

9. shodancst macrumors newbie

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call the Apple Store today or call the main # for The Shops at La Cantera and see what they say for times and rules.

I would think between the store and security they've discussed what to do less than 24 hours out based on prior year's history and procedure.

2010 Meet up discussion about times and # of people waiting:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=941222&highlight=la+cantera

Just my two cents. Best of luck in procuring your phone. :)

10. besweeet2 thread starter macrumors member

besweeet2

Changed my mind. Going to the Apple Store. Stopped by there before class, and the guy said that 5AM might be a decent time to show up, but he obviously doesn't know that the lines will be insane. Going there at about 2:30. If the lines are already too long, I'll head on out to AT&T. Might stop at AT&T first to see how things are there, since it's practically on the way.

Shall be a long Friday.

11. besweeet2 thread starter macrumors member

besweeet2

Drove to 3 AT&T stores. Two had maybe 5 people in line, while another had nobody. Went to the one near Costco. Maybe 30 people in line by the time the store opened. In and out in about 10 minutes. Got the black iPhone 5 (16GB).

12. EpicurianDREAMS macrumors newbie

its that time of the year again!

im waiting very early!!! ill try to be one of the 1st there. who else is going to get the 5s?

13. Angelsunshyn1 macrumors newbie

Angelsunshyn1

I'm debating... I was one of the first to get it online but it said I would get it at earliest sept 26 ... So I changed my mind but I really don't want to wait in line this morning... Are you there or when will you go?