San Francisco Spends $30 Million Cleaning Feces, Needles

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Why would anyone want to raise a family in San Francisco? You have all this concentrated wealth in Silicon Valley and yet San Francisco is a complete dump. Sad.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...72430013.html?amp=y&__twitter_impression=true

As the Investigative Unit photographed nearly a dozen hypodermic needles scattered across one block, a group of preschool students happened to walk by on their way to an afternoon field trip to citiy hall.

“We see poop, we see pee, we see needles, and we see trash,” said teacher Adelita Orellana. “Sometimes they ask what is it, and that’s a conversation that’s a little difficult to have with a 2-year old, but we just let them know that those things are full of germs, that they are dangerous, and they should never be touched.”

In light of the dangerous conditions, part of Orellana’s responsibilities now include teaching young children how to avoid the contamination.

2. Vanilla Ice, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yeah, I wasn't impressed when I went. China town was disgusting but at least I didn't see any poo.

4. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

There are plenty of areas of the city where I wouldn't hesitate to raise a family. The Tenderloin (the primary area surveyed in the article) is not one of them. It is well-known for being SF's worst neighborhood. Judging all of SF by the Tenderloin would be like judging all of NYC by the South Bronx.

But SF has always had a terrible homelessness situation and the number of homeless continues to rise. As long as that continues and as long as there are inadequate shelters, problems like this will not be fixed.