San Jose/bayarea 6s/6sPlus launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by niravdave, Sep 17, 2015.

1. niravdave macrumors newbie

niravdave

Any idea which apple store to go for on launch day ? Valley fair or Oakridge ?
    And how early to go ?
    Looking to get 6s Plus 64GB.

2. AdamantAuk macrumors newbie

AdamantAuk

Last year, VF allowed overnighters to wait inside the mall, and Oakridge did not. I think I'd plan on being there overnight for a 6+ since stock is predicted to be limited. VF might be a little more comfortable in that case.

3. shadowx055 macrumors newbie

Considering that the new Oakridge store is even bigger than the valley faire store, what are the chances that Oakridge will have more inventory.

4. luigi408 macrumors 6502

The past years I made line on both VF and Oakridge. VF definitely better BUT it gets SUPER PACKED. You better get there early. Since Oakridge store is bigger now the experience could be different. Past years Oakridge ran out of iPhone a lot faster than VF. Not sure how this year will compare though.

5. shadowx055 macrumors newbie

Heads up to us fellow Bay Area buyers. Just read up on this article: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/21/no-walk-in-iphone-6s-sales-scalpers/
    This means theres no walk in purchases in China and Hong Kong, so I'm assuming there will be more asian resellers in line.

6. shadowx055 macrumors newbie

My cousin is at oakridge right now says theres about 70 people almost 100% all asians so this new pink color is a hot commodity.