Sanders says leaked DNC emails don't change his support for Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 25, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-dnc-email-leak-doesnt-change-his-support-for

Sanders does deserve an apology, especially as he's taking the high road in all this. The DNC owes an apology because favoritism is wrong, impartiality is critical regardless of personal beliefs. Isn't that a hallmark of "professionalism" and "maturity" to keep a line and remain impartial as such? I'll freely admit I'm wrong if I am.

Wouldn't the current situation give Sanders a potential huge opportunity to convince the SuperDelegates to change their minds?

At 4:18 is where his answer to a question gets really interesting. Especially as he says "families making under $125000" (a Clinton article that cites Sanders' influence, worth the read) but not saying any top limit for single people (and a $125k ceiling seems a bit low considering how college costs 1120% more than in 1978), and nothing is said about interest rates not accruing during that 3 month moratorium so how does that really truly help the working families and middle class, and current solutions to problems are soft. Coworkers who've heard it all before are starting to want to take a chance on Trump for his lack of details.

But regardless of such emails such as the one involving "peeps" discerning a "Belief in a God" and a purported difference between "a Jew and an atheist" to a "Southern Baptist" (and people think Trump's people bad with some of their comments??), shouldn't Sanders still be surprised that Clinton took in Debbie even more closely after Debbie stepped down over events he says he wasn't surprised about? Why isn't he upset more about playing favoritism, regardless of the need for unity? I understand the notion of moving forward, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge how he was treated.

At 5:00, we finally get to the issue as Jill Stein was quick to bring it up, with Sanders chuckling before his response. I fear all he has done is to convince more people to vote third party (you know, like how he got elected) or risk a Trump presidency he seems to be against.

And, right now, the news guy is right that Sanders and Trump agree that these trade deals have turned out to be bad. Sanders chuckles yet again. What's so funny? Trade IS the number one issue because all the working families and working class people have suffered and the charts and graphs showing stagnant wages and reduced opportunities pretty much speak more than enough.

I can't wait for the debates, I hope both sides do a good job at convincing voters.

2. zin macrumors 6502

Sanders has turned out to be a political hack. Zero integrity. Ted Cruz and John Kasich were more principled than Bernie Sanders.

Sad, really.

3. 617aircav Suspended

The confetti that will fall this week during the witches coronation will be Hillary's 33,000 shredded emails.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Ha! I love it!

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Sanders is a sellout with no integrity simple as that

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I am disappointed at Sanders, I never doubted his integrity until now. I opposed most of his ideas, but I always respected him, from the day he filibustered against Obamacare, to his presidential campaign. I always saw him as someone that wants to change the system. I even wrote an article on him for a small European paper in 2008, before he became so popular.
    By accepting the rigged primaries he has become one of the worst culprits, all in the name of party unity. Too bad, because both GOP and DNC needed an internal revolution (it somewhat happened in the GOP).

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Good, I'm glad he hasn't switched over to supporting Trump and the opposite of all he stood for. Unfortunately I'm concerned that his supporters might decide to go for all or nothing and get less than nothing with Trump.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

He did not have to support Trump. Actually, it would've been bad for the political world.
    He simply had to do what Ted Cruz did at the GOP convention. Endorsing is a heavy political weapon, and it shouldn't be wasted on "party politics" after events like the leaked emails. It would've been a great opportunity for the DNC (and american politics) to rethink itself.

9. MarkusL macrumors 6502

You've been berned!

10. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

But not for Jill Stein?

But the fringe parties don't matter. What is your take on these three articles?

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/01/what-bernie-sanders-and-donald-trump-have-in-common/422907/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...5276b8-c5f1-11e5-8965-0607e0e265ce_story.html

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/08/465974199/what-do-sanders-and-trump-have-in-common-more-than-you-think

Even those who ridicule this outlet as the "Clinton News Network":

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/06/29/donald-trump-and-bernie-sanders-on-trade-origwx-cc.cnn

At a guess, it's that Trump doesn't seem to be the opposite of all Sanders stood for. Are all these news outlets wrong in their claims?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

And it really shouldn't. At the end of the day - Bernie knows that what's best for the country, regardless of how he might personally feel, is to not let Trump win. That's why even as much as he might feel hurt or betrayed, he's putting the country first.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary was not fit to be resident and the opposite of what he stood for. Until he sold out

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks for very clearly illustrating how skewed your opinion is. Very evident your yardstick is missing at least 12 inches for you to compare "what do you want to hear" Trump who has ZERO integrity with John Kasich. Why do you consider Sanders to not have integrity? Where has he been inconsistent or changed his view for convienence? More importantly why am I responding to your continued stirring of the pot? I need to work on this. :oops:

14. zin macrumors 6502

It seems you aren't following current news in the slightest.

I can't vote but made my views known from the start. I supported Sanders strongly from the very beginning. He has no reason to continue supporting utterly corrupt organisations complicit in the sabotage of his campaign.

I also never compared Donald Trump with John Kasich. John Kasich and Ted Cruz have stood by their principles by declining to endorse Donald Trump. They are certainly not people I agree with on almost anything. Bernie Sanders is a hack who was treated far worse and has shown his true colours. Zero integrity. Weak.

Seems he's joined the other "progressive warrior" Elizabeth Warren in selling out everything he stood for. Utterly pathetic, both of them.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Well I think you're confusing selling out vs deciding what is best for the country vs themselves. If you want to call that selling out - I guess you can. I just think it's shortsighted.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I respectfully disagree. What's best for the country is having a nice cleanse of the two main parties. Being Bernie on the DNC side he should really know that letting a corrupt DNC win is not in the country's best interests but will actually augment the problem. This is a golden opportunity to jab a corrupt system, it shouldn't go wasted. Yes, it will cause some pain and some bad consequences, but it's vital for the republic.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

That's not realistic. It's going to be Trump or Clinton in this election - ONE will be in the White House. The republican party failed their party this election. They let Trump become the only choice. Now they have to live with that choice. But that doesn't mean the country does.

18. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Bernie supporting Hillary and not caring about the DNC email corruption, is him supporting the current corrupted system. He lost the nomination because of the corrupted system he wanted to fight.

So it's ok for him to support a corrupted and exposed system as long as Trump doesn't win?

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They have some similarities in what they identify as the causes of our problems, but what they would do about it is vastly different. Although with how much Trump has shifted positions you can find similarities with any person anywhere on the political spectrum.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

In a word, yes. Greater good.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

There's always Jill Stein.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]
    That saying is cult like.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If he alternative is worse than supporting the current system then yes it is ok. It would be like being in Syria, and having the choice between ISIS or Assad. You might choose to support Assad because while he is a continuation of the old corrupt system he at least better than ISIS.

23. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Bernie is really toeing the DNC line now. I have to imagine his supporters are livid about this...

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Except on the basis of electoral speeches, which in 99.9999% of the cases never become reality, why is not electing Trump but electing someone that won thanks to a rigged system, "not sophisticated enough", "extremely careless" good for the greater good? Just because you don't like Trump? Your argument is implying that you'd rather have a cheater win than someone you don't like.

25. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Or lesser bad?