SANDERS SUPPORTERS: UNMOVED BY PLEA TO SUPPORT CLINTON

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

More bad news for Hillary.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Hillary is going to feel the Bern,,,,, from the Bern supporters who wont bow :D

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Good for the 69 year old geezer. He'll be dead before any real impact from this election is felt.

Any young person who claims to be progressive and blows their vote on a clown like Stein is a short sighted moron. Suck it up and deal with 4 years of Hillary so the Supreme Court doesn't become overrun by religious nutters and set us back for an entire generation.

Sanders/Stein/Johnson may be a step forward in principle, but I'd rather stay put than take 3 steps back.

And I say this as someone who loathes Hillary. But the big picture is more important than one corrupt politician.

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

That's exactly how I feel. And the CNN poll says 64% of Bernie voters are planning on supporting Clinton. I think we're good.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I love Irony, the big picture is what you will never see, BOTH the dnc and the gop are working so that there will never again have a trump or sanders ruining who THEY decide as the choice for potus.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Supreme. Court.

The only two words that matter in 2016.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

scotus is WORTHLESS unless they hear the case, so fear not.

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Not sure what you mean.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

patriot act, indefinite detention w/o trial passed, if SCOTUS does not hear the case not a single thing gets done about it.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

What about all the cases they do hear?

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

they seem to be doing ok even w/o Scalia, so what about them?

12. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Not sure what your point is. The next President will be nominating between 2-4 Justices to the court. I don't want Trump picking right wing Justices. Simple as that.

And as for your statement about Scalia, they only do ok when they can come up with a 5-3 majority. If it's 4-4 the lower court opinion stands and if it continues for long enough it can lead to a messy patchwork of laws that depend on which federal circuit you reside in. That's not doing ok.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you expect 2-4 justices to die/retire? trump will be impeached in less than 2 years, chill.
    nothing wrong with democrats blocking whatever trump nominates either.

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

One is already dead. Thomas is rumored to be retiring after the election. RBG is old as dirt, realistically she can croak any day now. There's three already.

As for Trump being impeached, I wouldn't count on it and I'd rather just not go down that road to begin with.

15. 0007776 Suspended

We don't want another 2 or 3 Scalia's put on the court.

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you wont get them, you guys ASSUME the potus can simply say who he wants and it's done, Obama is proof that is simply not the way.

18. 0007776 Suspended

Counting on Trump being impeached is a pretty dangerous thing to count on, plus that would put Pence in charge which would be just as bad if not worse for the Supreme Court. And yes there would be plenty wrong with the Democrats copying the Republican's temper tantrums and blocking anyone that is nominated.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

20. 0007776 Suspended

If Trump gets in the Republicans will keep the Senate, he will be able to do what he wants.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2016 ---
    Yep, my state is almost guaranteed to go for Trump so I will likely be voting for Gary Johnson since I would like to see the Libertarians replace the Republicans on the right. However if polls change to where it becomes a toss up I'm voting Clinton since I don't want to see Trump as president under any circumstances.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Nonsense. Americans could control the big picture fine if they stopped being so ****ing apathetic. You forget the DNC and the RNC are just groups of people. Replace enough of the DWS/Clinton types with Bernie-types and you will see the change you want.

But it needs to start in state houses and Congress, not the White House. All these reps are the "super delegates" that make up the party.

All those Bernie supporters crying and booing in Philly should do something instead of just crying about it. Start organizing for progressives this fall. Run in 2018. Etc. Get more good candidates elected and throw out the current group of self serving *****.

We have a two party system for better or worse. It's designed to keep those two parties elite. You want to change that? You gotta take over one of those parties and change it from the inside.

What doesn't make sense is further ****ing yourself or making decisions that will cause progress gained to be lost.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

don't care, neverhillary :D

25. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Also, where are we "staying put" at? Please define before we can agree on it.

People have the right and freedom to vote for whom they want to win and for their own reasons. Please do not dictate terms.

Define "religious nutter", too.

P.S. Lumping Johnson in with the same crowd as Sanders and Stein made a lot of people laugh. Best joke of the day. Most people are looking at the current issues, what led to today's problems, and looking at candidates who are going to turn things around to better America and its working class. All candidates qualify for varying reasons. So, in the end, nobody is laughing right now.