Sandy hook victim lawsuit against Remington gets dismissed...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by s2mikey, Oct 15, 2016.

1. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

And I'm glad. These lawsuits are based on junk logic and since it's impossible to sue the real villains here, which would be Adam Lanza and the mental health industry, the anger gets directed at those with deep pockets. It's the same thing when DWI victims sue the bar or the beer company. It's just bad and makes zero sense.

What happened at sandy hook was completely disgusting, let's not debate that. But these lawsuits are nothing more than dirtbag lawyers trying to soak some company for money and trying to make it like money will soothe the pain of the parents and people who lost love ones.

Remington really didn't do anything wrong here.

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

The "mental health industry"? What would you claim they did wrong? Didn't go out and drag people into their clinics? Until you have universal healthcare in this country or some specific tax-paid mental health program, you will never have a functioning mental health program worth anything.

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

so what does obamacare do other than tax those who don't have insurance?

4. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Can Americans killed by all the illegal alien drunk drivers start suing Mexico, Jose Cuervo, and Toyota?

5. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

If someone calls them terrorists, they can.

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't think it's the fault of Remington that the Sandy Hook tradgedy happened... short of standing at the door and handing Adam Lanza the guns.

In terms of suing the "mental health industry"... I'm not quite sure what that means. But unless his psychiatrist had sufficient evidence to involuntarily commit him to inpatient care- based on ethical, legal, and insurance-mediated factors, there's really nothing you can do.

As for the he was on X medication sue Acme Pharma, no drug is certain to work 100%. Maybe it has side effects, maybe the drug wasn't or stopped working, or maybe he wasn't taking it. So that's not a good route either.

Sometimes disasters happen and at the end of the day no one could have truly prevented it from happening. Hindsight is 20/20. I think it was Sweden a few years back that had a mass stabbing with many casualties. There will always be a sick sick person roaming around who will carry out their delusional agenda however they can muster.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Too bad. Remington could have retained Hillary Clinton as defense counsel and after she won the case, she could have had a good laugh at all the dead kids.

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

She would have argued the kids wanted to get shot just like she argued that girl wanted to be raped

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

What on earth does that have to do with what I wrote? Seriously? Are you one of those bots that picks keywords out of a post and posts pre-scripted responses?

10. Limey77 macrumors regular

Oh come on - even you must know that the right wing talking point you're alluding to is totally false.

In regards to this decision, I agree with the judge. If the gun is legal to be sold and hasn't been mis-sold then the manufacturer should not be liable. However I would very much agree with Mrs Lanza's home insurers being sued as she failed to secure the weapon.

11. s2mikey thread starter macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Seems to me that the mental health industry is more interested in shoving dangerous drugs down people's throats versus trying to actually do anything meaningful. I hate to say this but there are plenty of people out there who are not "right" and shouldn't be mixed with the rest of society. Is that mean? Maybe....but what's more mean is when these folks snap and do crazy stuff and harm others. In its purest terms, we need to lock up crazy people. Like they used to.

I think there is to much coddling as in to avoid "offending" anyone we act like they are OK when they really are not OK. Then, we try to rest them as normal. But they aren't. It sucks for the families of these people but this current system of coddling along with crazy drugs isn't gettig the job done.

12. Zombie Acorn, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Who else goes to a theatre after dark besides those who want to be shot? I rest my case.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    “I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing,”

--your next woman loving president about a 12 year old girl who was put in a coma and had to get her vagina stitched up

The better part is she knew this claim was baseless because she later comments about her client passing a polygraph which should have never been possible.

13. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I just lost a million brain cells reading the utter nonsense in this thread.

14. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I'm just glad I'll be able to keeping buying my rifles because some nut job judge didn't side with a nut job attorney in a frivolous lawsuit that would put a fantastic company out of business.

I think I know now why liberals want gun control. They do so much stupid **** that they fear one day they'll go too far and really piss off literally everyone.

15. samiwas macrumors 65816

Try to avoid Zombie's posts. That will help.

16. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I thought the ACA was supposed to required EVERYONE to participate making it, well universal. Also I know my policy had mental health added to it when it became an ACA compliant policy (I had previously declined the mental health rider).

Therefore based on the law EVERYONE should have had mental health coverage.

And I don't think this is what the OP was referring to, but instead the drug companies that create all these drugs that are supposed to help those with mental disorders, but instead do much worse. The drug companies are the ones that should have been sued.