Santa Made My Christmas- New MBP and I Love It!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Josheua, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Josheua macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say that after much debating I finally decided to purchase a macbook pro. Needless to say, I am in love! After Six months on windows vista, dealing with the fun problems that accompanied a bloated operating system, Leopard is running smoothly with little problems, I am having no overheating issues (though i haven't run my stress tests yet and probably won't for a couple of days), and the battery life is amazing moving from the hour and a half on my old Dell machine. Needless to say, i should have switched the day I learned what a computer was.

So far, no yellowing, no keyboard issues, and in general it is a pleasure to work with. Thank you all for your help, i appreciate it.

Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays to those who do not celebrate!)

-Josh :apple:

2. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

3. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Congrats mate.

I just bought my new MacBook Pro (2.4ghz 2gb) 2 days ago, which is upgrading my old PowerBook G4.

I LOVE IT!

Merry Christmas!

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Merry Christmas Josheua! Enjoy your awesome new MacBook Pro- they are awesome computers. I bought mine several months ago when the Santa Rosa based MBPs came out and I love it now just as much as I did on day #1. :D :) :apple:

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

6. Josheua thread starter macrumors regular

I got the 2.4 ghz, 160gb 5400 rpm, 15.4-inch LED model.

Still loving it, though my wireless mighty mouse was acting funny earlier, and the super drive makes a loud click when i start up from sleep. (at least I hope thats the super-drive and not my hard-drive!, :D)

7. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

8. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Great stuff! We've got exactly the same laptop, yum!

9. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I think the Superdrive is supposed to make that sound when it wakes up or turns on. Mine does it. It's like a little one-two sound.

Your mighty mouse might just be dirty. The scroll ball will need cleaning every month or so depending on how often you use it.

10. Josheua thread starter macrumors regular

Good News. I just finished a two hour encoding process (handbrake) and found my CPU temp never rose above 65*C. I assume this is good (seeing as it was using 89% to 92% of the CPU constantly) seeing as I have heard talk of 85*C CPU temps. Also, I got my wireless mighty mouse working. Apparently it can't be set on a surface w/ a picture or text on it because it reads it as movement? I don't know, but when I flipped my mousepad over it worked fine!

More updates as the come. Talk to you all later. Merry christmas to all of you and Happy Holidays to those who do not celebrate!

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No that is not too high of a temperature. My 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro does run cooler than my 2GHz Core Duo MacBook Pro did. :)