Santorum accuses Obama of "phony theology", dissing the disabled

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Just within the last 24 hours:

That last paragraph especially is so garbled it sounds like the statement of a drunk.

What exactly is he going for here? That government policy should be based on the Bible? That religious freedom should be the basis for denial of some forms of health care?

The man is clearly flailing.

And:

Okay, so he's dismissing the value of prenatal testing, and accusing President Obama of promoting eugenics I guess.

Pretty desperate there, Rick.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So let me see if I have this straight. Obama's agenda is not based on the bible and Iran is the biggest danger in the world because it's a theocracy.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Fatalists like Santorum scare the bejeezus out of me.

4. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I'm normally a very peaceful old bunny, but when I see Rick's smug smiling face I just want to punch him.:(

5. vega07 macrumors 65816

What a mumbling idiot! What he babbled in the first story is so incoherent. :rolleyes: Go back to speech class Frothy Mix!

When will this stop? November cannot come fast enough. Before it was entertainment. Now I am actually scared.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You know what the number one cause of abortion in the world is? Sex. So let's just outlaw sex :rolleyes:

You'd think these GOP *******s would be all for gay rights. Gay couples aren't ever going to need an abortion.

7. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Santorum is one scary dude.. although not a resident of the u.s, if he becomes president, will have impact on the entire world.

"Contraception hurts women", Santorum also claimed.

There is ( rather, should ) be a separation between church and state so Obama's religious beliefs should be totally irrelevant.

8. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You think you're scared now? Wait'll Weathervane loses the Michigan primary and Santorum becomes the new frontrunner...if he isn't already.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This guy is just completely *******e.

O love the height of the trees there. :D

10. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Rick's family in italy must be so ashamed, i'd change my family name if i were them...

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I would too....thanks to Rick, they can't even Google their last name.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the very pathetic part is santorum does not even follow what his church dictates. The church says everyone should have healthcare minimum wage should be increased and on and on. but santorum is against welfare healthcare the poor. He is as much of a christian as my dog is a christian. At least my dog cares about others.
    To say nothing that the bible does not say anything about abortions and birth control. Who would have ever thought that a black man could make The religious crazies go crazy and try to take the world over.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It looks very frothy.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This is just a personal opinion mind you so let's nit get into a religion war here.

Obama is more of a "christian" than santorum will ever be.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'd wager that I'm more of a Christian than Santorum and I'm a Jew turned Atheist who has a strong contempt for organized religion, especially evangelical Christianity.

17. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The worst part is people vote for this fool. But who is more the fool? The fool or the fools that follow him.

18. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

As I was saying in another thread, religion in politics comes across to me as something inappropriate and often very cheesy. Besides, jesus encouraged followers to be no part of this world, not to wear their faith on their sleeve, and to pray in a private space.

That said, I respect a candidate more if I think they use reasoning and thoughtful sensibility rather than blind faith in spirits/taroh cards/fairies/sky daddies. Santorum is no different than any other politician that plays up the "faith" aspect of his candidacy... just a marketing ploy to get the most sheep to follow him. That is the way religion and politicians have ALWAYS worked together to legitimize each other.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

20. vega07 macrumors 65816

21. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow. First he doubles down on the crazy stuff he said yesterday (good luck with the women's vote there, Rick!), then he suggests that public education should be pushed down to the local, community level, and to de-standardize education plans. (The better to slip propaganda into the minds of kids, I guess.)

Incidentally, Mr. Santorum, sir, the idea of state level provision of education didn't with start with the industrial revolution; it was proposed by Thomas Jefferson.

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

In the primaries he's won, only a small fraction of the general population in each state voted for him. That is nowhere near the kind of support he will need to make a credible challenge in a general election.

23. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Which is probably why the White House relishes the idea of him being the potential nominee...at least according to a reporter on MtP this morning.

24. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I think Santorum would be happy with a completely private education system where those that could afford it could pay to have their children indoctrinated taught at religious schools and the rest could go **** themselves.