Sarah Huckabee Sanders tangles with reporter at White House briefing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Night Spring, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/27/sarah-huckabee-sanders-brian-karem-media-attack-240016
    Karem's twitter following has grown from a few thousand to 65k and counting since the incident.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianKarem

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

er, MSM IS fake news. 3 clowns stepped down because of it.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I know this is horrible. But I'm not a fan of Sarah (or Spicer). They have very hard jobs to do though. But I feel like when Sarah is out there - it's like an intern running the show.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Bill Clintons intern was just mentioned in that other thread........:eek:

5. Night Spring thread starter macrumors G5

Night Spring

They do have very hard jobs, and Spicer sometimes makes me feel sorry for him. But Sarah just strikes me as unreflective. Like Spicer knows what he's saying is illogical and unreasonable but it's his job to say them. Sarah seems to not care at all.

6. zin macrumors 6502

Do you think CNN will be covering the story of one of their producers admitting they fabricate the Russia stories for ratings?

7. samcraig macrumors P6

To date, it is my understanding that the article was pulled and people left due to not meeting editorial standards. I'm not 100% positive that means or equates to the story being fabricated. Has this changed? Has there been a full explanation as to why it was pulled specifically?

8. zin macrumors 6502

That is old news as far as CNN fakery goes. We're talking about the undercover video that was released of a CNN producer calling the network's coverage of Russia nothing more than a ratings machine. '********', to quote directly. CNN defended their employee by praising themselves for diversity of opinion within the organisation.

Coincidentally, the propaganda guns at CNN seem to have been turned off after we last learned that the Obama Administration 'choked' on Russia and did nothing about it for months. Was Obama colluding with the Russians?

And Re: the three who resigned over the article 'not meeting editorial standards'. That's code for 'we made it up'.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

LOL Undercover video? Project Veritas? And the CNN Health News Producer. Please.

NEWS has been a business and ratings machine for decades. That's nothing new. And it happens the same if not more so in your country.

10. zin macrumors 6502

Anonymous sources fabricating stories (which the former FBI Director calls mostly wrong)? Better create a few dozen threads!

Video evidence of an actual employee (which has not been refuted by CNN)? Oh, please. LOL!

11. samcraig macrumors P6

It's funny. I thought you were smarter. I guess I was wrong.

12. zin macrumors 6502

Deflection noted.

13. samcraig, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

samcraig macrumors P6

No. No deflection. I thought you were more of a critical thinker. My mistake. I thought you would know more about veritas' past and how they get/manipulate their videos. I thought that you wouldn't jump to assumptions of why someone would leave CNN without facts. You have often seemed more responsible than that. Even if you tend to be biased (as many of us are anyway).

So no. No deflection. Just an admission of my misjudgment of your post.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

First, news organisations exist to make a profit through their ratings, unless they are set up as a public service like NPR and the BBC. I am surprised that Trump's spokesperson is against the capitalist system. ;)

Seriosuly though, I wish Faux News would do the honest thing and label its shows as editorials, and I wish CNN would stop focusing on minutia and step back and look at the big picture. We'll probably have to wait and see about the Russian thing (and obstruction of justice), but in the meantime Trump is causing major damage to our interests overseas, he's getting us further embroiled in conflicts, he's removing protections from the environment, he's at the forefront of attempts to cut taxes for the rich, and he's leading a party hell-bent on removing health insurance from millions of Americans. There are plenty of big stories to cover until we know more for certain about Russia and obstruction of justice.

15. zin macrumors 6502

Get back to me on the context that's missing from my understanding of these conversations.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You should start a thread on this :).

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's my new hero. He was so spot on. I loved it when he said with us they can just change the channel, but you were elected four years so there is no choice. And the people there are just trying to do their jobs. So true.

And sure the media gets things wrong sometimes, but they issue retractions and corrections when they screw up. When the White House gets things wrong, there is no retraction, correction or apology. They want it one way, and that is completely unacceptable.

It's not horrible. She looks like one of those miserable employees you come across at discount stores who clearly look like they hate their job and rather be somewhere else. I totally can picture her at Big Lots, Kmart, or Walmart (but not a greeter!) or perhaps slinging hash at a Waffle House or roadside diner somewhere. But White House press office? No. That's about the last job she should have.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I'll add in - the DMV

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh heck yeah! I forgot that one. Man, she would fit right in there.

NEXT!!

IMG_3667.JPG

20. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

lol @ people that discredit news because of anonymous sources but believe Trump when he says "I heard" "people are saying" etc.

21. Zenithal, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

Zenithal Suspended

Karem is rather well respected even though he writes for a non news agency. He's popped up in the press from time to time to fight the good fight. This is a man who went to jail to protect his source when he exposed police brutality. If anyone's familiar with his work, you know he's a man who's got some massive cajones and doesn't mind speaking out. Anyone who attempts to degrade him is a slackjawed fool as far as I'm concerned. Huckabee's entire career in politics is due to her father. That's it. Worthless individual.

Hate to be an ass here, but she'd be better off being a museum guide. Don't like how the MSM treats you, start being responsible adults. Don't be fools. This is the real world. Your words and actions will continue to come back and bite you in the ass til you die or off yourself like some weak politicians. No amount of power or wealth is going to save your ass.

The President should start reading and writing, reaching over in bipartisanship. Not watch Fox and Friends and whinge on Twitter like the twit he is.

Reporters have gone to jail, been tortured and have been killed to protect their sources and stay true to their job; inform the public. I have zero respect for any news agency or reporter or journalist who pays lip service to anyone, including POTUS. Kissing ass only makes you look like an idiot.

22. elistan macrumors 6502a

A single employee disagreeing with their employee isn't news. It's just a random person confirming your bias.

23. Zenithal Suspended

Not to mention being of a completely different department that has nothing to do with reporting the news and being unknowingly recorded.

24. zin macrumors 6502

He said 'most' of his colleagues think the same. In addition, when Van Jones goes on CNN and attacks the president over the Russia story, but in private refers to it as a 'big nothingburger', that is flatout dishonest "journalism".

I personally didn't need to see these videos to confirm what anybody with half a brain already knows. But it's great regardless, as CNN's reputation (or what little they have) suffers, which I quite frankly have no issue with.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's where I will agree with you - CNN gives a lot of airtime to KAC. And quite frankly - I can't imagine why unless it's to toy with her and have fodder for the rest of the news cycle. No one spins more than her and yet they keep inviting her back. Ratings, no doubt. However giving her a platform only legitimizes her as someone who matters.