Sarah Palin Battle Hymn

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I've got a new ring tone...

This is better than "I Got a Crush on Obama"

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Are you referring to the song or Sarah Palin?

5. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I think I managed to make it through about twenty seconds before I had an urgent appointment with the Porcelain God.

Ohh Emm Eff Gee. :eek:

And the worst part is, this "song" celebrates the Culture of Ignorance of which Palin is the standard-bearer. "She may not be a Harvard lawyer/but she knows what the Founders meant." These people are cheerleaders for the dumbing down of America. To think this country put men on the moon...

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Sometimes, even crazy religious teapartiers can be amusing!

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Oh wow.... this has to be a joke! Not only did they took the lyrics from a well-known Christian song, but they actually do believe in her.

>Mon Visage

Attached Files:

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That was idiotic. How the hell did we end up with so many morons in this country?

10. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

ehhh..big deal. Im not a fan but everyone has their own hero. dont have to ridicule someone for it.

they also sang surprisingly well for some of it, at least until the end.

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

:D:D:D

Oh you silly Yanks, where do you dig out these "folk"...

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Really? I can't remember the last time I did something like that in a church or anywhere else.

13. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I think it is pretty silly myself, but big deal. Disagree with them or not, at least they are inspired and not apathetic. Also, is that really a church ? Looks more like a community center.

This is equally as silly, but I don't recall anyone making fun of these folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtGr1JFCnE

14. OutThere, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I'm inclined to say its a church—you can see what seems to be the bottom end of a dark colored cross at the top of the frame.

Edit: also there's totally a bible in front of the podium....

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Scary. She has this base of blind followers. When you ask them what policies of hers they like, you get crap like, she's just like us, she knows what the founding fathers meant.

Take a look at her Hannity appearance from last night. Bitch be angry. :D

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ she is not just like us. She's just like some, but not like me and therefore not like us. She's off her rocker.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Actually, I remember that being brought up a while ago. Very stupid. Happy now? I don't know why you feel you have to go tit for tat here. Stupid is stupid, no matter where it comes from.

And just what exactly are these two people inspired to do? Their song says absolutely nothing and they probably couldn't even tell you what they're so upset about.

19. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Not that happy. I could use a tummy rub. :D

Its not that I feel like I need to go "tit for tat" either. I just get sort of tired of seeing people mocked here for their beliefs.

Also, maybe "inspired" was not the best choice of words. I should have said at least they are taking an active interest in politics, and show they care (or are inspired) enough to do something, even if it is a little silly. This applies to both the people in both videos. Far, far too many are merely apapthetic and could care less what happens.

20. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

There are two possible explanations:

1) Some really neo-liberal people got sh%$faced and decided to make a mockery music video and in the process have created a new cult following and music genre.

2) Some really neo-conservatives made this video thinking that it would have some sort of real political meaning to the world and indeed it does; now the world will think of the 'Battle Hymn of the Palin' whenever her name comes up and no one will ever be able to look at her seriously again.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I guess the question I'm asking is- what is it that they care about and do they even know? I'd much rather people be apathetic than ignorant.

22. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Seems to me they are singing the virtues (real or imagined) of someone the respect. I am not saying I agree with them, and like Ive said before do think it is silly, but I do repsect them for it, in the same way I respect the young men in that other silly video.

Thats a good point about ignorance vs apathy. At one time I firmly believed that those who are truly ignorant about politics are better off staying home than going out to vote, but anymore Id rather someone go out and get their vote in and exercise a right not everyone in the world has than stay home and not care what happens.

23. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

If it weren't so pathetic it'd be funny . . . these are the same people who derisively call Obama the messiah and criticize liberals for drinking the cool aid.