Sarah Palin: Black Lives Matter is a 'farce'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 9, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sarah-palin-black-lives-matter/

Here's the context worth paying attention to, since the article headline alone is putrid empty bait typical of media*:

We are all American, sorry. Especially as British-Americans would have to be reminded of why their ancestors had to be fought (which our Bill of Rights and Constitution help flesh out.)

Another quote:

"Black Lives Matter? Yes - more than BLM "protestors" can grasp, as evidenced by their self-destructive provocateurism," she wrote. "Doesn't it go without saying that Native lives matter, too? And Asian; and Eskimo; and Hispanic; and Indian... and every other race comprised of people who see clearly the agenda at play to weaken America through disunity."[/quote]

The last video I saw had a lot more white people in the BLM grouping than black people. This is not to say that the white people there were part of the BLM group as solidarity. Maybe it was too early in the day and not enough supporters got there in time. But what I just did is point out how a video snippet in of itself doesn't contain enough context for what one can see. Everyone loves to say "cameras matter because they will show brutality". No, they show an incident that more often than not shows utterly nothing in terms of context. The latest video has the woman calmly blabbing into the phone about how the suspect (stupidly) told the officer he had a gun instead of calling an ambulance in the way the trembling officer should have (did anybody on Facebook even bother to listen to his voice or piece together what the woman had said), and people don't know how often traffic stops actually do involve felons who do have weapons who do use them. AN OFFICER CANNOT AFFOFRD MAKE ASSUMPTIONS unlike all of us who see a video a day later but now I'm repeating myself and people can re-read my earlier posts - back to the article:

What's interesting is that she sounds like a certain male character from the old TV show "All in the Family" except that character is not Archie Bunker. It was always Mike Stivic who went on and on and discussed and pleaded unity and not labeling people. When did liberals go from ditching labels to applying every last conceivable label for every last conceivable nuance and then some, down to the subatomic level?

And having seen enough videos and knowing what police have to go through, I too side with the "thin blue line". I've mentioned reasoning plenty of times in the last couple of days. Anyone who disagrees may feel free to become an officer and live through the same situations and learn a clue at that point. So many comments on the internet and social media reek of so much one-sided blubbering ignorance that it truly is shameful to be an American.

Noun vs verb, I wish people would go back to school. "Thuggish behavior" is more apropos a sentiment, and anyone may feel free to look up that there really are lots of white people who are just as much thugs (it's not a term reserved for only certain people of one skin color, note the recurring theme), but it won't stop kneejerkers from saying "She's a mindless racist" anyway.

Palin, if it comes down to having to take sides, I shall side with you. Though I don't want to see it as a matter of sides but obeying what an officer says and saying nothing that leads to misunderstanding in what is already in a tense situation that leads to regret and it still bothers me that the cop was talking with a trembled voice while the woman was calmly (for one of two reason) spending more time to share half-a-story online as opposed to calling for an ambulance the way the officer could have done sooner if she spent more time obeying him instead of him telling her to stop (I'll rewatch the video to make sure I heard his commentary correctly, not just the tone of voice where he's obviously agitated). Often enough insufficient or groomed context, either via hamfisted haphazardness, if not aiming for a groomed result, takes place.

Maybe taillights can be tested better too. New bulbs are, what, 89 cents so they can't be too expensive to maintain and replace when needed. Oh, I just hinted at 3 other problems for a tangential topic but let's just be intellectual simpletons instead and say that all cops are evil and no potential felon has ever driven a car without a busted taillight.

* for-profit in this case, which needs to bring in audiences to get the ratings that generate the profits. Nonprofit media that would be less likely to spin, wind up, and sensationalize would be idly denounced as "communism" by some around here, unfortunately. :(

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

LOL. Trump should have married her instead.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They both seen too dominant for that. That's why both there spouses don't speak(publicly) unless told to.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That reminds me of the old saying when they " she wears the pants in that family"! :eek:

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

they would fight to the death to be the one on top in the bedroom.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

you should be banned for invoking a bad visual of Trump right there :p

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

As reported by the Clinton News Network...

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    But he gets a reprieve for invoking a good one of Palin.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

That would be a downgrade

[​IMG]

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

Dude...a visual of either of them. Or the two of them together. Blech.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 10, 2016 ---
    Is this Meliania or whatever her name is? I just don't get why people think she's hot.

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

You might be suppressing some gay tendencies

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

That outfit isn't practical for flying. She should be in sweats and her hair in a messy bun. Think Kardashian.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Or he does not like plastic and wife's that are paid for or ones that would marry a Donald.

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yes. That must be it. The fact that she always looks like a confused cat staring into the sun has nothing to do with it.
    Oftentimes, I find a girl in sweats quite a bit hotter than a girl dressed up to the nines. If nothing else, they're at least usually much cooler.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's not a very good Photoshop job. For one thing, how is Melania casting shadows on both sides of her head from one light source?

Anyway...the idea of Trump and Palin, that's an S&M movie right there. "50 Shades of Red", or something like that.

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

Welp, Sarah Palin is an expert in farce...

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The light source looks to be where the camera is. I could easily see shadows being cast on both sides at that angle.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Something's wrong with you if you pictured Trump. I was imagining Sarah.
    It's a breeze for TSA lines though!

19. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I am definitely not voting for Sarah Palin.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Its a ring light. They use it for fashion.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

yeah i was gonna say; the only thing thats a farce is her career/thoughts on anything

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

That's an old stagged photo. Obviously.

She's successfull, smart, elegant, loyal and beautiful. She also has very good taste in men :p

I don't say this often but she appears to be gorgeous.

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

Sarah isn't racist at all. Because once you go black...

[​IMG]

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Any conspiracy theorists out there? Could it be that this shooter was a programmed plant to discredit the BLM campaign?