Sarah Palin clothes bill so far: $150,000

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Oct 22, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Did the Party pay for it or McCain's campaign?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The RNC paid for it.

Really stupid move to put her out there as average-Joe, hockey mom and dress her up in clothes from Saks and Neiman-Marcus.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So what is the issue then, if it didn't come from McCain's funding. I agree it is a waste but it wasn't from McCain.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Hey, Cindy McCain could spend that budget with just three outfits. Palin's clearly an amateur.

How is this not elitist again?

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Only Democrats can be elitist. Duh.

8. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Uh, the RNC funds McCain's campaign. Therefore RNC funds = McCain funds. It's not like the two spend money completely independently of each other.

9. jplan2008 macrumors regular

It came from RNC funding. That's the issue (well, one). They can't pay for personal items. I'm not sure their claim that they're donating the clothes to charity later will stick, legally. A $2,000 suit won't still have a $2,000 value when they donate it. The other issue is she's supposed to be the representative of "Joe Six-Pack," who makes $150,000 over the course of four years or so.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

How the hell can I as a regular working American support a party who gives this woman a 150,000.00 dollar wardrobe? We need to vote this party out.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

for a "reformer", that Palin sure knows how to soak up the benefits :D

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Yes because they are the only party that wastes money.:rolleyes:

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You lead by example and this isnt it, a lot of folks could own a home for that amount of money. Republicans are the party of the rich and elite and this along with McCains tax breaks for the oil companys are perfect examples.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Both parties will waste your money on something. It doesn't matter who you vote for. Pelosi and pals were all to eager to go along with Bush on a bail out plan.

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Ahh, yeah, donating it to charity will work out well. I'm sure when one bum gets lucky and gets a $2,000 suit, the other bums who are still wearing 10 year old dirty clothes covered with holes won't gang up and attack her.

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What this country needs is someone like V to take care of Washington. Washington is broken but the past 8 years Republicans have ruled. 150,000.00 for clothes is insane and i dont want some crazy,religious insane B _ _ _ _ running the whitehouse when McCain keels over. Obama has my Vote plus he only owns 1 car.:D

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How much does his car cost? Im sure it isn't a Ford Touris.

19. jplan2008 macrumors regular

The issue to me is this is skirting legality, if it's not ruled illegal. At the same time, the RNC is making comments about Obama not publishing all the small donors, when not publishing them is nothing new, and is not illegal or a scandal. The other hypocrisy is the whole "celebrity," and "elitist" attacks, when they're spending all that money, and have Hollywood make-up artists for both McCain and Palin. Also, the guy who did the shopping is the guy heading up the RoboCalls, so all-in-all, it's a distasteful story.

20. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

$150,000 will pay for 6 years of college and 6 years of spring breaks and thanksgiving breaks, going out 5 days a week and any other frivolous activities you can think of ... great. Its unbelievable how these people on top lose focus in sight of their objectives .... :rolleyes:

21. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

The point is that the Republicans are running as the party of 'Joe Sixpack' while spending this kind of money. Talk about a divorce from reality here.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is this anything new? Both sides will spend just for the sake of it.

23. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Frankly I'd like to see someone who was successful enough in the private sector to buy himself a car, rather than have his/her campaign contributors buy it on their behalf.

Let me be clear. It's the Republican platform that they are 'fighting on behalf of the middle class' while racking up crazy bills on clothing for the whole Palin family at expensive department stores, then sending those bills to the RNC/McCain campaign joint funds.

Please tell me that you see the hypocrisy here.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That still makes you an elitist tho. If you outspend the average person.

Of course they are hypocrites, but do you ever expect them not to be?