Sarah Palin goes on vacation....and quits

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Dec 18, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can't make this stuff up....

Palin Cuts Vacation Short Over Blacked-Out Visor Flap
    December 18, 2009
    http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmem...-vacation-short-over-blacked-out-hat-flap.php
    Todd and I have since cut our vacation short because the incognito attempts didn't work and fellow vacationers were bothered for the two days we spent in the sun. So much for trying to go incognito.

Sarah Palin's motto: When the going gets though, quit!

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

At least she's consistent. These celebrity-types crack me up.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I guess I don't see what the big deal is... she wanted some alone time, was found out, and therefore wasn't able to get that time she wanted... no reason to keep at a vacation if it's not what you wanted it to be.

I don't personally care for Palin but if we're gonna jab her we should jab her on things that matter. I bet she didn't eat all her dinner the other night too... maybe she woke up earlier than she intended, canceling part of her sleep. Maybe if one side stops doing silly reporting the other one might too. Doubtful but we can always dream can't we?

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

She could have chose to wear a different visor. I mean there are billions out there.

Just sayin' :)

5. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

6. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I didn't vote for her, and it became pretty clear that she wanted out of politics when she quit being Governor.

I think she wants to live the rest of her life quietly, and not get attacked for being a good or bad Mayor, Governor, or former VP candidate. Let her kids also live their lives and make their own mistakes, or have their own triumphs.

You don't really see people bugging Dole or other former politicians. When a person quits politics, the press should know that means they also want private lives again. Can't the press focus on the people running the country right now on both sides of the aisle as health care, the economy, and Afghanistan hang in the balance?

7. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Lefty liberals stalking Palin... news at 11:00...

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Huh ?

That's why she goes and speaks at various political function ?

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Are you joking? She quit her job to go on a media circuit.

10. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Hey let her cash in, this is America. Reagan and Clinton did so, and most, including me, didn't complain. She's only the second female VP candidate to get on a major ticket. In a year or two, nobody will remember her or even care, so sure I would try and make some money for me and my family.

Carl Rove came to the Bay Area after his administration left the White House, and he got attacked, yet he got paid very well for it.

Years after he also left politics, Newt, yes that one, came along here into hostile territory for a good one day take. I wanted to see him but by the time his speech event went to press, thousands of tickets were sold and there were no more seats. How I would have loved to have wanted to be there to boo him. ;)

The rare few times I just happened to bump into high profile politicians, they were guys I agreed with, and Democratic Congressmen. Ironically, I saw them at different times, at the same 1 hour photo lab.

11. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Pshhh... in 2011 I'm sure everybody will remember her even if she doesn't run... :D

12. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I don't blame her for cashing in, but when people want to be celebrities they do lose some privacy.

13. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

If she's going to run, dumping an active Governor's job is not a good first step. Any Republican candidate that ran in 2008 has a better chance than Palin, except for maybe Huckabee who will have the Seattle killer as an issue which can come up much like Dukakis had a similar black spot on his record.

The press is so fickle. I don't know if you remember back to 1988, but Geraldine Ferraro was the biggest story in the press. It almost looked like it could be a stepping stone for being the first female President one day. But reality hits, the stock market crash of 1989, among other things made her a passing memory.

Sarah Palin still has the "it" factor to make some money. If anybody, she knows how fame and adoring fans can come and go. Once thought by some as the savior of the bumbling McCain, she soon became the liability which showed McCain cannot chose people wisely. While McCain never had a chance at winning in 2008, he probably lost a couple of additional states by choosing somebody as unfit for office such as Palin. While I don't Palin's politics, she is doing what is probably the best thing, which is to make a living, knowing that she has absolutely no chance in being taken seriously in 2012.

Another woman in the news in a big way is Oprah. She almost seems too big to ever get forgotten, or not be in a headline at least weekly. But the whole "Martha Stewart the felon" trip fell off the radar and now she's back to just being Martha Stewart. Oprah will have her last show, and one day be a former tv talk show host that once ruled the airwaves. Heck, Johnny Carson was the "it" person for late night tv, and now he's just been resigned to history.

No story, or hot media personality (dead or alive), stays there that long, especially a former VP candidate that was on a ticket that got demolished in 2008.

Right now, any press, good or bad around her or her family keeps her as a hot media commodity. But this fame is a fleeting thing.

14. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Winner of stupidest Post ever.:rolleyes:

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I wonder how this will impact her approval ratings, or if this will influence her foreign policies.

16. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Have you seen her approval ratings? She was neck in neck with W that last time I checked on Rasmussen. ;)

LA times claims 60% percent consider her unqualified for POTUS. I am surprised it is not much higher.

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

:rolleyes:
    Who cares? I was making a joke. If I had made that any more obvious it wouldn't have been funny.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Teh Stupid strikes again. She's an idiot who can't take the heat, then blames the heat on the oven she walked into on her own.

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This sort of thing happens to celebrities all the time. They go on vacation, they get recognized, they get bothered, they leave early.

I really don't think it's eventful at all.

20. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

LOL - she's making gazilions on speaking fees and book deal, yet is too cheap to not wear a blacked-out McCain visor. At least she recycles (sounds kinda leftie if you ask me).

Tea Party - your next presidential candidate! :rolleyes:

21. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I wish Obama, Pelosi, Reid would quit. Oh the joy that would break out across the nation!

I have a single hope, that the left and the press continue to bash Palin, so far it is working as well as the Economic Recovery, Stimulus packages.

22. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Oh I don't know if she is or isn't going to run. But people are going to ask her if she is. I think she's made enough poor decisions that it'd be hard for her to win and I don't believe the republicans would back her. I'm just saying in 2011 people are going to wonder if she'll run.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good sir. I have taken a look at the threads you have started in your time here. I demand you take back the obvious lie you wrote above.