Sarah Palin: The "Poor Me" Tour

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I do wish the media would just stop reporting on Sarah Palin until she has something worth hearing.

Here's yet another one of her self-pitying interviews:

How quickly we forget the adulation she got after her Republican convention acceptance speech. How fast we forget that she briefly all but one-upped then-candidate Obama as the darling of the media.

Of course, that was before she opened her mouth without a script. If she's serious about wanting her political career to go somewhere, recognizing that she comes across as a disconnected airhead would be a great first step.

It wasn't a plot to destroy her "because of what she represents" (and exactly what was that again??); it was a candidate in over her head, self-destructing.

That's why I say she's on the "Poor Me Tour". Seems like every interview she's given since losing has said, in one way or other, "It wasn't my fault. Everybody's picking on me!"

I won't even comment on the idea of yet another movie that claims the media have a liberal bias. :rolleyes: It's hardly the media's fault that Obama came across as magnetic and intelligent, and John McCain had all the excitement of a box of used Q-Tips.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So why are you reporting it?:confused: She will only go away if people stop listening to her.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, I'd have to agree... for a person who praises personal responsibility as much as she does, you'd think she wouldn't spend so much of her time blaming others for her problems.

And of course conservatives will convince themselves that Palin really was given a raw deal by the media -- all evidence to the contrary be damned. I mean, I'm sure no one remembers when she was the media darling, the "hockey mom" who shot moose by day and slashed budgets by night.

It was just that the media insisted on airing her least flattering side -- the unscripted kind. It wasn't her vacuous debate performance where she insisted that she would decide what questions she gave answers to, or her little "ethics problem" at all. It was the relentless attacks by the liberal media that did it. Certainly no fault of her own.

4. pooky macrumors 6502

John Ziegler is a true ideological nut job. He used to have a radio show on a local station (before he was fired for being too crazy for talk radio - yes, you read that right); I would occasionally listen to him when my ipod had died.

The man is so blinded by his ideology, it's like he is unable to imagine anyone thinking differently. He doesn't listen, he doesn't rationalize, he doesn't argue, he's just right. Anyone who thinks differently is either mentally challenged or lacking in a completely knowledge of the facts; there is no room for a difference of opinion in his world. If we all were reasonably intelligent and in possession of the same information he is privy to, we would all share his opinions, because they are the only logical and correct opinions to be had.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

As with every election there ever was.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah, of course. The perfect person to go running to when you want to scream "media bias" is a completely biased media person. :rolleyes:

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You know, I'd never even heard of him until I read this particular news story. So I decided to consult Wiki. I thought this was particularly interesting:

And here is the interview in question which Nate Silver conducted. WARNING: Not work safe.

And oh yeah, the guy definitely comes across as a nut job.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well the microscopes are out in regards to the democratic agenda in the media. Along with the soon to be quagmire -- Guantanamo Bay shut down, and stimulus package, the american left needs a bell to ring as a diversion.

:)

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup, everyone is looking at Palin instead whats going on with the country:rolleyes:

She only gets attention as a side show once in a while because shes merely a laughable joke. A complete joke.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's absolutely AMAZING the level of cynicism regarding government you (and many others) have developed since January 20th.... :p