Sarah Palin tries to use words, hilarity ensues

yg17

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
With all the bad, depressing news in the world right now, I thought PRSI could use a little comic relief:

We believe—wait, I thought, fast food joints? Eh, don't you guys think that ... they're like of the devil, or something? That's what ... liberals ... you wanna send those evil employees who dare work at a fast food joint that you just don't believe in, thought you wanted to, I don't know, send them to purgatory, or something ... so they all go vegan ... and uh ... wages and picket lines, I don't know, they're not often discussed in purgatory, are they? I don't know, why're you even worried about ... fast food wages, because ...
Well, we believe ... an America where minimum wage jobs, they're not lifetime gigs! They're stepping stones!

Can't believe people actually want her to be president.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
JFC.

I mean, I get she’s trying to show she can talk off-script, ad-lib a response, but this is so painfully inept if I saw this in a vacuum, I’d just assume the speaker was intoxicated.

If there was a template it would be something like:

<mug><pause><non-sequitur><mug><pause><liberals><seatbounce><vegans><eyeroll><non-sequitur><mug><pause><America>

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Sarah Palin is not an elected official. Why does anyone care?
Because her stupidity is mind blowing. And the fact that she has a cult following is even more ... :eek:
Some weird scientist guy said something the other day..

Albert Einstein said:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
not much more needs to be said.

BL.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Because her stupidity is mind blowing. And the fact that she has a cult following is even more ... :eek:
I stopped caring about Sarah Palin the instant her ticket didn't win.

She can't create policy. It's like people who get their axles twisted by Rush Limbaugh, Janeane Garofalo, or Sean Penn or Touré.

It's just another form of celebrity worship. May as well take up TMZ watching.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Holy ****. This woman was actually a nominee for Vice PResident of the United States. I must say it is nice to see the Quitter Queen come out from hurling banalities from her Facebook Fortress of Derpitude. I wonder how many rubes buy her "channel".

capathy21

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2014
Houston, Texas
There are no words to express how painful this is to watch. To think that people are paying $9.95 a month for this crap is mind boggling.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I find it annoying that the video cuts off as soon as she forms her first complete sentence. The first part was extremely funny though.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

She can't create policy. It's like people who get their axles twisted by Rush Limbaugh, Janeane Garofalo, or Sean Penn or Touré.

You want to talk about low information voters? There are people that actually think this woman knows what she's talking about. And these people cast votes based on what she says.

It's scary.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
There are no words to express how painful this is to watch. To think that people are paying $9.95 a month for this crap is mind boggling.
I am curious ... was this actually aired?

I suspect it was an outtake.

That couldn't possibly have been put on the air unless it was on a bloopers show.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

That couldn't possibly have been put on the air unless it was on a bloopers show.
That's what I was wondering. There can't be anybody working for her (unless her production team is a moose) that produced this and actually thought "that was perfect."

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

Except she can influence policy, which make me sad.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I think what it comes down to is that this woman was on the ticket as a Vice President. There were people who were infatuated with her and thought she was the answer to America's issues. And these same people call others "low information voters" and vote for people like this. And they continue to recruit others into their way of thinking. Kind of scary.

EDIT: Apparently, I think like Moyank...I didn't read her post before I wrote mine.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
That's what I was wondering. There can't be anybody working for her (unless her production team is a moose) that produced this and actually thought "that was perfect."
On the other hand, if her production staff shares a similar IQ score with her...well...:rolleyes:

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008

Looks like it was, and on her new 'subscription' channel. To be honest, I've seen better, more eloquent dialog on an episode of Pingu:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pingu
One reason for Pingu's international success is its lack of real spoken language: nearly all dialogue is in an invented "penguin language" consisting of babbling, muttering and sporadic loud honking noises. This was initially retroscripted by Carlo Bonomi, who created all the sound effects for the series. This feature allows people of different linguistic backgrounds to be able to follow the story.
BL.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
OMG, I thought no one else in the universe knew about Pingu. That's a weird weird show.
Pshhhh don't hate:p
Dude, Pingu is great, especially when you have your kids try to do the Pingu Dance. Start at the 1:47 mark.

Now.. Pingu for kids: good stuff. Pingu for adults: freaky, especially when Hasselhoff gets involved.

But the point still stands. You can understand what goes on in Pingu.. Palin is another story.

BL.