Sarah Palin's daughter engaged again to Levi Johnston

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

hey....back off! we haven't had a Palin thread in a while and this is sorta about politics since certainly this is proof that Sarah is serious about running for president....or maybe that she isn't!! Besides, if the BBC is reporting about it, then it must be SERIOUS stuff!!!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wait, what does this have to do with the pink elephant running for president?

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why do we need tabloid topics in PRSI?

Who cares?

5. Macky-Mac thread starter macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

are you calling the BBC a tabloid? :eek:

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

In this sense, yes. I'm extremely disappointed at how pop culture driven "news sources" have become today. This crap used to be in small sections of papers, not be headline "news".

I really respect the BBC as they seem to be the most level headed and straight fact reporters. That doesn't mean they don't pander from time to time as well. :(

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This needs to be a reality show. "The Real Housewives of Wasilla".

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Will Palin now refer to him as Levi, Ricky Hollywood or son?

Posing with your child on the cover of Us. Way to exploit your child.Like mother, like daughter.

9. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

This whole issue is so hypercritical. If anything like this happened to the Obama daughters (ignore that they are only, what 10 & 12?) The entire democratic base would be up in arms demanding family be left alone.

But they are republicans so its ok to to harass family members.
    :rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm sorry, this does matter. Levi Johnston stated in no uncertain terms that he did NOT want to get married. Something is wrong here and he's going to be the loser in all of this of he doesn't get his head together.

This scares the crap out of me. If he continues on this path, don't be surprised if he puts a gun to his head in within the year. I have seen what happens in these situations first hand. If he's smart, he'll walk away.

Except for the fact that Democrats' kids never seem to be stupid enough to do this s*** in the first place, now do they? Hmm...wonder why?

11. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

He should have thought of that before he fathered a child.

Walk away?!? How the hell can you say that?? And leave his child’s mother to care for his kid all by himself? How about taking responsibility for his actions?

Ah yes, forgive me, I forgot all pre-marital babies have republican parents. :p

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's not a tabloid topic per se. It's a topic that has been discussed here before, well Levi Johnston that is, and it's often led to heated discussions.

That's an interesting way to look at it. You're saying that one day Levi said he didn't want to get married and now he does? You mean he can't change his mind? You're looking at a kid who hasn't made a sound decision yet as far as the public is concerned. How can you think that he's got his head on straight now?

Saying he's going to put a gun to his head is a bit irrational. I don't know where all of the excitement is coming from with you but this kid is likely making the same irrational decisions he's always made.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm so happy for them I could just cry. Pass me a tissue!

14. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Becuase its Sarah Palin and anytime Sarah Palin whipes her ass we need to have a PRSI thread.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

********. Palin has, time and time again, used and exploited her children for her own political and monetary gain. You can't scream for the press to leave your kids alone while you are prancing around with them on Oprah, book signings etc.

Were a Democrat using their children in this way, I'd be posting about that too.

16. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

People change sometimes. He may have had some personal growth and decide that he had a epiphany and realized that he wanted to be married. People change sometimes. I applaud him for this because maybe bristol is his true love and the worse that can happen is for him to never follow his heart. It's better to follow it now than be left wondering later on life with the lingering question of " What could have been".

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Taking resposibility does not necessarily mean getting married, especially when it is the mess that is the Palin family.

As far as politicians go, sure seems to be that way. And quite honestly, I don't see this happening nearly as much in families that are more open-minded.

This "excitement" is coming from personal experience- watching it happen to people I cared about. They are no longer here for their kids. anyone pressured into this kind of thing is putting themselves in a very bad situation.

18. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

It would be cool if Palin becomes president. The whole clan could move in the White House. Kind of like a Beverly Hillbillies scenario.

19. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

As if the world isn't in enough trouble, Palin as President would be the beginning of the end, hell on earth, 'physco b*tch' she is :mad:

20. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

21. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

This news

This news is entirely relevant to my life.

:rolleyes:

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She'll be running against Sasha Obama who survived a brutal primary battle against Chelsea Clinton.

23. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Of course it is. It's nothing but celebrity news, plain gossip. The point of article like this is to focus on the fact that we're learning details of a public figure's personal life, not offer any introspection on politics, social issues, or religion.

This family has been milking the money cow and we're happily feeding it.

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What about this whole "wiping ass" incident? Do you have a link?

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Agreed, this is tabloid fodder.