Sarah Palin's Family Values

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 4, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Continuing on her tour to exploit her children and grandchildren, we wake up to find two gems from the Hypocrite from Wasila.

Palin At Oscar Gift Suite: Sarah Palin And Entourage 'Like Locusts'

Real World: Wasila?

Stay classy Sarah and keep exploiting those kids. :rolleyes:

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I say let her keep going. She's looking more foolish all the time.

3. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

The only problem with that is the people that rally and stand behind will continue to strengthen.

It's beyond pathetic.

4. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Is there is topic herein?

I mean "E! Online"? "Huffington Post"? Those are your sources? Near as I can figure, your first link faults her for buying Hollywood trinkets and your second link faults her for speaking to network executives about a production. Is that your "A" Game criticism here? Try harder... Moreover, I know that you keep trying to bash her family but it is not altogether unheard of for a mother of five to take her children on travel...

Sarah appeared on The Jay Leno Show, advanced some wonderful humor, and she is busy writing book #2 and the absolute best you can do is fault her for buying trinkets and speaking to network executives?

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't think she looks foolish. She's what many of us thought, a typical political hypocrite. Her supporters are the ones who look more foolish all the time. Can't wait to see them try and defend this behavior.

BTW, where's the proof she donated her Tea Party speaking fee to anyone?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's why she's a fool. She's making idiots out of her supporters.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

For probably the first time ever, I agree with InTheNet.

She was supposed to donate jewels and headphones to the Red Cross for Haiti? How does that even make sense?

Let's stick to ridiculing her asinine ideas, inability to understand complex ideas, and wrong-headed beliefs.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you're criticizing someone else's post because of their sources, then you are the biggest hypocrite to ever post in PRSI.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think you guys need to become more like us. Only 1% of us trust politicians so Palin wouldn't stand a chance :p.

10. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really? So when she does things that she has openly criticized others about, it shouldn't be pointed out?

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Okay, let me see if I have this right:

Ronald Reagan: Hollywood actor turned president. Republican.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: Hollywood actor turned governor. Republican.
    Fred Thompson: Hollywood actor turned senator. Republican.
    Sonny Bono: Hollywood singer turned congressman. Republican.
    Sarah Palin: Failed VP candidate turned failed governor turned Hollywood reality TV star turned possible presidential candidate. Republican.

Barack Obama: Never starred in a movie, TV show, or released an album. Accused by the right wing of being a bigtime Hollywood celebrity during the presidential campaign and thus, unqualified for office.

Hypocrites.

12. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

13. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

You forgot that Barack Obama wrote a book, as opposed to lending his name to a book written by someone else.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ouch- that stings. :)

15. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

17. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Why is this surprising? She quit her position as Governor exactly for this reason. Take advantage of her name in the spotlight while she can. Reality TV is a good move.

For some reason this song runs through my head when I read about her . . . "loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly . . . Hills, that is . . . swimmin' pools, movie stars."

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Her family would be the real version of the Beverly Hillbillies.

19. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Maybe that's the pitch she made to Burnett.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thats not accurate. He was never accused of being a "hollywood celebrity" although the term messiah was bestowed on him from various outlets. Also he's never been "unqualified", unless you're a birther, it was his lack of experience that was an issue.

But otherwise proceed with the Palin bashing.

21. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

"The Pacific Palinsades!"

Now we just need a kicky theme song...

And, to address obeygiant's point, his experience as president of the Harvard Law Review and as a constitutional law professor prior to his election to the Senate must bring absolutely nothing to his qualifications for the presidency.

But otherwise, proceed with the defense of Caribou Barbie...

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Did you not turn the TV on during the 2008 campaign?

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/07/mccain_ad_hits_2.html

The ad opens by calling him "the biggest celebrity in the world" and juxtaposing footage of Obama's speech in Berlin last week before 200,000 people with quick images of Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

"Only a celebrity of Barack Obama's magnitude could attract 200,000 fans in Berlin who gathered for the mere opportunity to be in his presence. These are not supporters or even voters, but fans fawning over The One. Only celebrities like Barack Obama go to the gym three times a day, demand "MET-RX chocolate roasted-peanut protein bars and bottles of a hard-to-find organic brew -- Black Forest Berry Honest Tea" and worry about the price of arugula," campaign manager Rick Davis writes.

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well you were putting so much emphasis on the word "hollywood" and trying to link that to what his opponents were saying about him just wasn't accurate. Be impeccable with your words.

Who is defending her?

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

They're comparing him to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, I think Hollywood is implied. Not that it matters what city...they were trying to make him look bad by being a "celebrity" even though so many celebrities have turned into republican politicians, including Saint Ronnie.

25. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You forgot Gopher.

[​IMG]