Sarah Pallin joins the "birther nutcases"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Dec 4, 2009.

1. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I'm not convinced she's joining the birthers since she's not demanding it. Interesting that she commented the way she did, though.

2. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

She's playing both sides: she wants to pander to the birthers yet still wants to keep her options open to the moderates.

We're going to go over this again: the birth certificate has been shown. It's been certified. This is a dead issue. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a certifiable nutcase. End of story.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I've known certifiable nutcases that aren't that crazy.

4. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Just more proof that her strategy is to appeal to the lowest common denominator! :rolleyes:

5. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Apparently it wasn't shown to the birthers. I'd actually like to see it to see what the birthers are fuming about. More transparency would shut the nutcases up.

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Was she in the same election we saw? they didn't call him out? :eek:

Oooook. :rolleyes:

7. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I don't think their campaign made it an issue. Probably a wise choice. Other Republican party members did take issue with it, though.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree. If she were demanding to see it again, I'd have a problem. This? Nothing.

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

birthers = racists it would be foolish to side with them.

10. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Reading her quotes in the linked article, she sure plays the victim game. And she is very passive-aggressive.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The birthers are just part of her core constituency of resentful, white middle-American doofuses.

12. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Because everyone who questions Obama is a racist?

13. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:(

No Wotan, fivepoint or InTheNet posts yet. This thread sucks! :cool:

14. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

No, but there are definite racist undertones to the question of his citizenship. If he were white, would the same question have persisted this long in the minds of this many whack-a-loons? Probably, but wouldn't have made the news.

Would the allegations that he's a "closet Muslim" have continued?

I don't know. I wonder.

It just shows you how "separate" church and state are in this country. You can practice any religion you like, it's part of the freedom our founding fathers fought for!

...Unless you want to hold any major public office. Then you better be Christian, and vocal about it, or else.

15. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

So... there are no black people questioning his citizenship, then? My question was on racism, had nothing to do with religion.

16. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Being black doesn't automatically make you exempt from being a racist against other black people.

I strongly believe that if president Obama were WASP-y white, the question of his citizenship (sic) would have been scoffed off as a bad joke a year ago. Not that it isn't by just about everyone with half a brain, but it wouldn't continue to show up in the news.

The question of his religion was brought up as a paralle. If he were white, few people would continue to believe he's a Muslim masquerading as a Christian.

17. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Oh brother... Yawn.

18. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

So you do not believe that people of the same skin color can have pre-conceived ideas about each other based on the color of their skin? :confused:

19. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Anyone who believes this is a legitimate question is delusional and absolutely crazy, period.

It would be unfair for anyone to suggest that every "birther" is a racist. It's dishonest, however, to say that at the very least there isn't a strong racial, ethnocentric current through the movement at large. If you replace a man of mixed race named Barack Hussein Obama with a white guy named Jack David Smith, I doubt this would be an issue.

20. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Why would I have a disagreement with a dictionary? That's just presumptuous silliness.

I'm not denying people can be racist against themselves, I just don't find it a compelling enough reason to agree with you on your point. I find it trivial and tiresome. Give me some meat; something I can chew on for a while.

21. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I think it a completely legitimate question, provided you're delusional and crazy, of course. :D

I would question anyone's birth certificate who had a funky history. Like John Phillip Walker's.

22. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Since when is questioning the accuracy of documents something to be condemned? You would only do that if - indeed - there was something to hide. Oh yeah... guy named Lucas Smith of Cedar Rapids, Iowa offered a copy of something you should investigate...

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

LMAO.

24. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

For Pat "black helicopter tin foil hat" Buchanan to say the Birthers are bogus demonstrates just how crazy and delusional such people are.