Sarah Sanders Kicked Out Of Restaurant

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by widgeteer, Jun 23, 2018.

1. widgeteer Suspended

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/23/politics/sarah-sanders-restaurant-kicked-out/index.html

Excellent. If the people aiding and abetting Trump can't have a peaceful public meal for the rest of their lives, so be it.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I’m starting to think the Progressives are really steps g up once again! However a local business taking sides is NOT a smart IDEA! So as a business owners you caught off almost half the potential customers at your establishment! So is business it’s not smart idea to ban anyone because of their political leannings or you’ll be out of business within a couple of years!

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Possibly. The vibe in and right outside Washington DC this past year has been unlike any other. And not in a good way. I do wonder what the exchange actually was. And I kinda wish I had been there to witness it.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump Defense Syndrome knows no bounds. Something tells me if this was Comey, Hillary, Jay Carney or someone YOU didn't like, you'd be just fine with it.

7. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

It feels like there should be more to the story. I really can’t imagine any establishment doing this. I’m hoping it just is as reported because any amount of public humiliation of a Trump official is a win.

8. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Maybe political leanings should be a protected class.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I wouldn't be. People should have the ability to go out and enjoy a meal without being subjected to crap like this regardless of which party they belong to.

10. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Nah. In today's time, it's only keyboard warriors that lead the charge.

You can see people posting negative reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-red-hen-lexington-3

https://www.facebook.com/redhenlexington/

Any sane person looking at reviews would realize that all the recent 1-star ratings have come from people who haven't dined in the restaurant. So they'll filter out accordingly.

That all being said, no one knows what the exchange was between Sanders and the owners. Neither party has said a thing. It's best to forget this and move on (and I would say the same for Hillary, Obama, Comey, etc.). There are things you should remember and fight for, there are things you should ignore and move on from. This is the latter.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's the thing. Huck says, "Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @Potus and I politely left. Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respect."

It's a little disingenuous. She hit back by posting on twitter and outed the restaurant because she knows "the base" will go on the attack. I'm not saying she's not entitled to post what she wants about the incident. But she knows what she's doing. There's no "innocence" there. So she "politely" left and then counter punched.

Again - I don't fault her for it - but she's not the bigger person.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 23, 2018 ---
    Small chuckle on all the spammy posts on their FB page which, if you think about it, makes it looks like Sarah has crappy taste in restaurants.

12. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Oh god no. She’s a giant phony. She’s continually nasty to the press in their exchanges. And she’s either a liar or content to be the mouthpiece for a liar.

13. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Soooo.. this is ok but refusing to bake a cake is not..?

14. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Democrats need to be careful before they’re labeled the Terrorist Party. Look at their physical actions during the campaign, look at this forum, social media and TV. Republicans are being shamed, piled on and even threatened with violence. Now I know the usuals here will start piling onto this post and tell me how Trump says things and threatens to remove people from rooms during the campaigns. I don’t care, your rhetoric screams what I just said. We’re not talking about just the President, Republicans are fellow citizens, or at least were, at one time.

15. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Not when they’re committing atrocities in our name and lying to us about it. No justice, no eats.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And when the shoe is on the other foot, you'll be one of the first to piss and moan about it.

17. widgeteer thread starter Suspended

Depends on the circumstances. If I ever vote for a white nationalist xenophobe who hires the worst of the worst human beings, I would totally understand people not preferring to dine with them.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Maybe they were REALLY right wing devout Christians and honor the 8th Commandment. Would it be ok for them to deny service to someone who they knew broke a commandment. Serious question. Especially in light of bakers being allowed to refuse service to someone who goes against their religious beliefs.

19. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

wrong, you don't know me... I'm the guy who calls out the owner of the restaurant to his face.

funny thing is... they never expect it when they are demeaning or pushing others around.

That cowardly look on their face when they realize they've gone too far is priceless.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony of your post.

21. AsherN macrumors 6502

Last I looked, Press Secretary is not a protected class. And after what happened with the DHS Sec, maybe the owner did not want that kind on disruption.

22. ThisIsNotMe Suspended

Should ask Starbucks how that worked out for them.....
    Democrats boycott by going RREEEEEEEKK on Twitter.
    Republicans boycott by not spending their money.

Should send Ben Carson in there in a MAGA hat and see if they have the balls to kick out a black guy.

23. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I support business owners rights to serve whomever they wish, or not serve. If some people decide to boycott that business then so be it. If others choose to give that business their money, then so be that. Actions may have consequences, but businesses should have the right to determine whom they will serve.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

25. Naaaaak macrumors 6502