Sarah Sanders Should Resign. She lied about Comey's Firing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 18, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

because the side does not matter to ME, obviously it does to you :D
    but it's ok, moving on, have a great weekend.

2. hawkeye_a, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

And which public servants should be fired for lying about then candidate Trump colluding with the Russian government to win the election?

Politicians lie? I’m shocked, shocked I say. And my feeling are sooo hurt. (Of course its always the other side which only lies, right?)

3. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

https://www.businessinsider.com/rep...bee-sanders-white-house-press-briefing-2017-5

Not seeing the problem what Sarah said on this claim. While I'm sure many senior FBI agents might be unhappy, I'm sure there are some lower level agents who are not into the politics are happy about it. Because in general many decisions that Comey made make the FBI look bad.

https://hillreporter.com/mueller-report-sarah-sanders-admitted-to-lying-about-comeys-firing-31827

As far as this. When has any press secretary told the truth 100% of the time or never mislead. The same tactics the Main stream media uses, but somehow you guys never seem to bring that up beside freedom of the press.[/QUOTE]

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Sarah Sanders is quite easy to hate, as her public disposition doesn't differ much from Trump's. If she resigns though, you're not likely to see much improvement, given that whoever accepts the position has to work with Trump and digest his nonsense into that can be disseminated to the press with his approval.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

[/QUOTE]

You can choose to dismiss her behavior or normalize it. I choose not to.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Send in the interns.

Press conferences at the White House have often been kabuki, but it's been clear for a while that they're particularly pointless under Trump and SHS's responses to questions is often meaningless yammering, full of half-truths.

Any reporter worth a damn heard her lie about FBI agents went "phfffftttt... ********." And, thus, the press conferences should not be covered live or after the fact, and Sanders' answers to questions should be taken as PR spin.

We have to remember that the White House press office is not built to lie for the president, but rather to inform the press corps and better illuminate the operations of the White House. That structure was built for the convenience of the White House.

Now, reporters should just ignore Sarah Huckabee Sanders and treat her as a bad source of information, akin to Colgate ads or that Nigerian prince who just needs your help.

7. Rigby macrumors 601

Who exactly are you talking about?

BTW, contrary to what many seem to think, the Mueller report does not state that the Trump campaign didn't collude with the Russians. What it does say is that it found no evidence for a criminal conspiracy. As the report points out, the term "collusion" has no clear legal definition.

What we do know now is that Russia systematically tried to help Trump win the election, that Trump welcomed the help (rather than notifying the authorities that a foreign power was trying to manipulate our elections using stolen information), and that members of the Trump campaign had direct contacts with the organisation that released the stolen information (although we don't know the full extent of this yet since those parts are mostly redacted in the public version of the report). I think calling this "collusion" wouldn't be all that outlandish. And I'm pretty sure if Hillary or another Democrat politician had done something like this, you'd be the first to scream "treason".

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

If Sanders is to be commended on anything, it should be on her consistency with lying. Not for her stories, because well, that keeps changing as well.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/19/18507639/sarah-sanders-george-stephanopoulos-mueller-report-lie-comey

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

10. Zenithal macrumors G3

My children are more clever liars when I catch them doing something they shouldn't.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Eh, she’s horrible but harmless. It’s entertaining. She’s actually quite talented. “Trump said you are the worst Press Secretary in US History.” “Well, I think he clearly was being facetious on Twitter due to the fake news media trying to trash his cabinet.”

12. jerwin macrumors 68020

from an old doctor who episode: Pyramids of Mars

Not original.

see, for instance, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_and_Knaves

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

She just can't help herself...
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...about-reporter-wants-her-fired-for-lying.html

Now, we're going to take a quick diversion to demonstrate the easily ramped up hyperbole & outrage, followed by the lies.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/april-ryan-attacks-threatens-sarah-sanders-start-lopping-the-heads-off/
    Wait?! An "incitement to murder"?! o_Oo_Oo_O What the whoozy what?

Now before anyone suddenly spontaneously picks up mysterious gravitational forces that make them as dense as the Huckabees, a quick refresher.

https://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/on+the+chopping+block.html
    Remember kids, this in the already established context of Ryan calling for Sanders to be fired for the Mueller report's part on Sanders admitting she lied. So no one playing the "I didn't get it" game. Now back to Sarah...

"Why this journalist isn't taken seriously"? As opposed to Huckabee Sanders? o_O

14. Krayzkat Suspended

With that train of thought: Did every time Trump told a contestant on The Apprentice they were fired, was he actually trying to incite someone to shoot them?

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

You'd have to ask the Huckabees that question.

16. macsmurf macrumors 65816

macsmurf

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Sanders has basically taken on Trump's persona and general attitude. I haven't located any really old clips of her, but I kind of wonder what she was like before she became affiliated with his administration. Her willingness to lie for him says a lot about her general level of credibility, but I'm not sure she would have presented as such pre-Trump.

It was also used in the movie Labyrinth.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So, if you were to hypothetically have no-one show up to WH Press Events (such as they are), but yet have a Congressional Press Briefing regularly with decent Media attendance, what would happen exactly?

19. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

When you look at her, she’s does exactly what her boss wants - lies for him and totally spins for him. Of course, I don’t believe a word she says just like I don’t believe her boss. But I have to hand it to her - she’s a tough one and has hung in there for much longer than I thought she would - what a horrible job. I couldn’t do it.

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Isn’t she a big Huckster church gal? What about this beyond-moronic bozo does she see in this admin, beyond a paycheck? Her dads show went off at just the right time, can’t imagine these people preaching to America while this fat airhead somehow is their leader.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I think Sanders & Co. considered a variation of this, and it went like this...
    [​IMG]

Kids!

Oh, wait, she's still lying...:confused:

:rolleyes: