Satisfied or Dissatisfied with the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dianestory2, Sep 23, 2014.

?

Satisfied, or Dissatisfied?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2014.
  1. Satisfied

255 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. Dissatisfied

30 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I'll leave this open-ended, but I can't really find a non-biased thread about this phone. If you are happy- with what aspects? If dissatisfied, what are your gripes?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I am happy with it. While both are great devices, the 6 fit my needs better.

3. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Coming from a 3GS/4S, very satisfied.

Just wish iOS 8 was a little better and not so buggy.

4. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Incredibly happy with my 6! I don't think I've ever loved a phone this much. It's absolutely beautiful. Any issues I have with it are founded in the bugginess of iOS 8.

5. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

LOVE IT. Larger screen size is totally worth the upgrade.

6. benasdf macrumors newbie

This.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think its a bit too early to ask this question as most people are still in the honeymoon phase with their new toys. In a few months, you might get more objective replies.

8. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Maybe it's just IOS 8 but I am still finding things that surprise me.
    In a positive way.
    Torn between missing the size of iPhone 5 but enjoying the screen size of the iPhone 6.

9. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Yes satisfied. The biggest factor for me is the keyboard

10. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

Love it.. Coming from the i5
    My favorite feature has to be the zoom display...
    and then everything else!

11. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

love it, can't wait until all of my apps update.

12. ChrisNYC83 macrumors newbie

I needed a new phone as my 5 was dying. I have had it less than 24 hours and I am kind of meh about it. I had a bad experience getting it too so I am kind of like whatever over the whole thing. It looks nice and works ok, but I miss a Steve Jobs product. They were so much better and well made. The fact that I am now reading the 6+ are bending has me a bit shocked that this is now an issue.

Good luck everyone, and love whichever you got.

:)

13. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Dissatisfied. The screen is awesome. The build quality is amazing. But, after using for days, I pick up my 5 and go "whoa this is awesome". The 6 (let alone Plus) is entirely too big. I love the size of the screen, but Apple's continued crap bezels ruin it. I know they are better.. but they make the phone too big. I also am not a fan of the curved edges of the glass. Makes the phone look bloated and strange.

It just stinks because I would buy a 5s, but they don't sell it in 64GB, which is what I need. I like my music on my device. So, I'll have to stick with 5 for a while and hope some sort of iPhone Mini comes out, or something...

14. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

It fits my needs well. I use it as a phone first and most importantly to me - so the smaller size is better for me right there. I am not always in a position to wear a bluetooth headset and I have never found one I thought was comfortable and easy to use in the same one (some I have found comfortable but difficult to use, and some are easy to use but are extremely uncomfortable) for any length of time. I do some texting and email. I don't watch videos ever, I use it for audio books in the car, and I find reading on the ipad mini to be a little tough so the 6+ does not seem more useful to me for that in any real way. I have no problem carrying around the ipad air when I am going to be reading extensively or surfing the internet. I use the camera but not very often. I am not much on taking photographs ever, but it can come in handy in a pinch. I don't use that function enough to make the 6+ worth it for me on that either.

The problems I have are related to IOS 8 - screen freezing, phone won't answer, echo on phone etc. I had the same problems with my iphone 5 for the few days I used it on IOS 8 before receiving the 6.

15. themarriedmommy macrumors newbie

16. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I like it... The time I had with it. I got a faulty screen so I'm sending it back for a new one. It happens I just wish I could have sent it out yesterday. I thought it was a little big at first but I got used to it. Now that I'm back using my iPhone 5 I miss the larger screen. Of course all my apps are the same anyway so screen size is the only noticeable difference as of now.

17. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Asked girlfriend about her 6.

Satisfied:
    Big screen
    Big speed bump from 4S

Dissatisfied
    Fingerprint not consistent/doesn't register print etc Feels like an alpha function :(
    Not 100% happy with the home button in general

18. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I couldn't be happier, every criticism I had of my iPhone 5 is addressed by the iPhone 6 Plus in terms of bigger/better display and better battery Life

19. tony85 macrumors newbie

100% satisfied coming from android. Who ive been with for years but have just been waiting for a bigger iphone to come along. I went with the 6 64gb and its perfect for one handed use for me walking along.

Id go as far to say the perfect phone in my eyes. Love it! battery could be better but theres ways round that. Love the ios fluidity and design. As for people that moan about the look and say dated well I find android looks terribly dated. The over the top animations and tacky skins and pointless widgets taking up a whole screen not for me.:D:apple:

20. lke macrumors 6502a

The iphone 6 is the best iphone ever.

The screen size and quality is amazing.

21. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

As a person who has owned every iphone since the first I will say that the 6 is right now my favorite.

Does it have the cool factor that the 5 & 5s brought look wise...no.

Honestly it reminds me of a somewhat metal Samsung Galaxy S3, which isnt a bad thing because I really liked that phone.

But to cut to the chase it's a fantastic performer, has a beautiful screen, feels good in the hand, has a really good camera, and does everything I need it to do, with just a bigger screen now.

I do feel Apple has allowed its manufacturing to fall off though, mine has the slighly slanted text on the back, and there are countless reports of dead pixels, and other manufacturing woos that are something you just wouldn't expect from a company that prides itself on quality control and the build process of its flagship device. To say the very least Steve would be pissed right now, Tim Cook just looks at the numbers, Steve Jobs looked at everything from top to bottom, and at the top of that list was perfection, shame how things change with time.

So would I say I'm satisfied with my iphone 6, You betcha!

22. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

Very satisfied. There will be a few things a miss from my Moto X. The biggest being the feature where if you lift your phone, pull it out of your pocket, etc. it would show you the time and whether you had any notifications on the screen without having to unlock it. Very intelligent. The Moto X had a very good android software implementation without much bloat.

23. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Steve Jobs had a hand in designing the 4, which had antenna issues, and also the 5 before he died, which also had bending issues.

The man was good but he was not infallible.

24. Quahog macrumors member

I have the 6 plus, and I am satisfied with the PHONE, so I voted satisfied.

That being said, I am dissatisfied with iOS 8. It's buggy as hell, locks up, apps crash, the one-handed mode is stupid (should have reduced the whole screen down and to the right, instead of scrolling the whole screen down and losing the keyboard).

I am sure most of this will be fixed in the first update. Generally speaking, the phone is great!

25. anopy1 macrumors member

I'm coming from the X as well and couldn't agree more. That's the only thing I miss. Really loving the phone.