Satisfied with the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tulani, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

It's now several months since the launch of the iPhone 5. This has been my first iPhone. Something still feels inadequate especially when I interact with pals who have decided to keep their iPhone 4S saying they are very content with it and will not even bother upgrading to the 5. Do you feel the same?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The iPhone has always been designed to appeal to people with 2-year old phones, not with last year's model. That's just the way Apple does it. Find some people with iPhone 4s and compare app-launching times with them.

3. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

no one is ever satisfied with what they have, and that's the darn truth

4. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

5. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Why would other people's satisfaction with their phone affect your own?

Think of it this way- in a year when newer apps are taxing the phone more and they're thinking about upgrading, you will be able to feel the same about your generation-newer phone as they currently feel.

6. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

It's just a thought that is nagging underneath. Actually even when I look at the 4s it always look better in my view or its maybe the 5 is not too different in built but hey thanks for the consolation.

7. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

8. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I'm very happy with it...especially coming from an IP4. ;)

9. Browns2212 macrumors regular

I'm a first time iPhone owner with the 5 myself.

I can tell a difference between my i5 and friends who have the 4s.

Screen size and speed are the two biggest differences. That and also how thin it is and the weight.

I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the iPhone 5. I sure am.

10. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Yes I'm still satisfied.

Although, the iPhone 5 didn't give me the same wow feeling I got when I bought the iPhone 4...which was my first iPhone; and what a hell of a phone it was!

11. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I'm satisfied with my iPhone 5, and will be until the 5S is announced.

12. didiee macrumors 6502

With each update, I wanted bigger battery capacity, or at least work a little longer... but...

I'm very happy with ip5, esp that I got to keep unlimited data even with LTE. Most people don't notice because 1. they just use wifi all the time because they have cap 2. they don't really care because they never bother to compare the speed. I find a big difference between 3G and LTE. Overall I'm satisfied, and likely to keep this one for two years, rather than with the previous generations....

13. Hail Caesar macrumors regular

More than satisfied with my iPhone 5, functions great, looks sleek, and extremely fast.

14. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

I had 2 years android: galaxy s/s2/note1/s3/note2 but was totally bored of that lagging android and wanted to try smt else, bought iphone 5 and for me it is the best smartphone and I wont go back for android. Iphone 5 is solid, sexy design, good materials , comfortable, super smooth and OS is more securied and optimized. +1 for apple

15. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

+1 everything I want/need.

16. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I have the 4. I bought the 5 a few months ago, but when my wife saw that white and shining thing I had to give it to her. I had it for about 2 minutes.
    In a way it was the best of both worlds. I got the excitement of buying a new iPhone (an excitement that has felt less and less powerfully for each new iPhone mind you), and giving it to my wife made her extremely happy. She had an iPhone 3G.
    I have to say that the only thing that I thought was great about the new iPhone was the weight, or rather lack of it.
    Every other time I got an iPhone I felt it was a big upgrade, going from the original to the 3G to the 4 all felt like a lot of things were drastically better each time, but I couldn't say that about the 5.
    It's a great phone, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't a problem going back to my 4.
    If I was using the 3G, bought the 4 and then gave it a way and had to go back to using the 3G!
    I mean that wouldn't happen, the difference would have been to big.
    I would have gone straight out and bought a 4 for myself as well.
    Just saying

17. Tzuten macrumors 6502

I upgraded from the 4, so it was time.. However, since I recently JB'd my device I am much more satisfied with the overall experience. Apple hardware and an OS that isn't restricted is a great thing.

18. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

19. Tulani thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

This perspective explains exactly how I feel hence the reason I put up this thread. You explained it well

20. JustJeff macrumors member

The OS is bored of you.

21. CharismaticNerd macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

I suppose "Satisfied" Is a correct word, if it just gets the job done.
    But i'm very satisfied with my iPhone 5, just paranoid about scratching the white aluminum

22. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

I love everything about it.
    • weight
    • display
    • speed
    • camera
    • battery life
    • size
    • faster wifi
    • apps
    • blacked out look
    I could keep going.

23. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Jail-Break !

:confused:

24. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I like my phone. Regardless on what phones my friends have or their satisfaction of their possessions.

25. maxosx macrumors 68020

As long as you take note that it has the smallest display of any premium smartphone, you'll find it satisfactory.

Unlike prior models my iPhone 5 still has a working home button. Typically a weak spot which kills the ability to use the phone, perhaps some day Apple will follow Samsungs lead. Some of theirs have touch sensitive buttons which just like the touch screens have vastly longer life than an old fashioned mechanical button.