Saturday Delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mryanwalker, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mryanwalker macrumors newbie

I spoke to a UPS representative who told me that if I miss the delivery guy today, he will try again tomorrow. She said a Saturday delivery is very rare, but they're making an exception for Apple orders. She made it very clear that this only applied to orders directly from Apple.

Has anyone else heard this?

2. nomoresecrets macrumors member

My UPS shipment sat in Lousiville for 2-3 days and then got sent to Missouri late last night/early this morning when it was supposed to go to NJ. When I did a customer service chat on UPS.com the rep told me that if it could not be delivered today (which he later told it wouldn't be) they would try Saturday delivery but the tracking site says scheduled delivery on 9/24 by 10:30 am. Rep wasn't helpful at all so I'm going to try someone else later.

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I find it hard to believe that apple would have paid extra for them to do a UPS Saturday delivery since they are very expensive compared with a Fedex home delivery . Good luck with that and I hope that you see the brown truck soon :cool:

4. nomoresecrets macrumors member

At least in my case I think UPS would do Sat delivery because it was their screw-up and they wouldn't charge Apple for it. But who knows, can never get any answers from them and the last tracking is from 3:25 am in Earth City, MO.

5. Qoo macrumors 6502

if you miss the UPS delivery today, will you be able to pick it up from the hub tomorrow (Saturday)?? or you will have to wait until Monday?

6. esco macrumors 6502

esco

If you missed the delivery guy today, call 800-742-5877, press 0#, talk to the person and have them hold the package at will call at your local distribution center.

Something similar happened to me, you'll be able to pick it up today.

7. Qoo macrumors 6502

Thank you very much for sharing the info with me, i hope my wife able to sign otherwise, i will call them first and pick it up later tonight then :rolleyes:

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I doubt it. How did they screw up?

9. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

I was told by a FedEx rep last night that if nobody was home to sign for my package that a Saturday delivery would be attempted. And I asked if he is sure, and he said Verizon has directed is to attempt Saturday deliveries. So it might be true for Verizon preorders.

10. nomoresecrets macrumors member

They sent it from Louisville to Missouri this morning instead of sending it from Louisville to NJ. The last status on tracking said "exception in the sorting process" and that UPS has taken corrective action.

11. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

sorry to hear that happened, but I do not think UPS will upgrade it to Sat delivery.

12. bueller1 macrumors 6502

Looks like im not the only order they screwed up. My delivery date said 9/21 all week. It was in East Syracuse NY since yesterday (3 and a half hours away from me) and the delivery date was changed to Monday. Apple is "looking into it" and going to call me back to see if they can resolve it. I doubt anything will be done.

13. nomoresecrets macrumors member

I'm not expecting Sat delivery but hoping maybe I'll be able to pick it up somewhere tomorrow. I know with the volume of packages moving today there are bound to be mistakes, just wish it didn't involve my phone.

14. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I am sorry it happened to you. I know how I would feel!:mad:

Enjoy your new 5

15. nomoresecrets macrumors member

Thanks. I'm sure my 4 will last the weekend, even if it is on its last legs.

16. robdam1001, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

My UPS driver told me that any iphone that is scheduled for Launch Day Delivery, (Today), that somehow doesn't get delivered today, will be delivered by UPS tomorrow, Saturday. Mine was delivered at 9:30am today.

17. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Saturday deliveries are an exception? I know UPS charges extra for Sunday deliveries, but I thought they always do Saturday ones. At least for Amazon purchases they deliver on Saturdays.

18. 96whitels macrumors member

96whitels

My UPS guy ignored my pre-sign notice. Said next delivery is Mon(9/24). on the info form he left on my door (next to presign :rolleyes:)

I called in and will be picking it up tonight at the UPS facility.

19. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Not here they don't; CT-USA

----------

Wow WTF?

20. rnizlek macrumors 6502

They charge extra for Sat deliveries, they don't do Sundays. No one does Sundays except allegedly USPS Express Mail (I've never seen it happen, though). FedEx tried Sundays a few years ago (maybe late 90s/early 00s) and discontinued it after a few years. Not sure if UPS ever made a run at it, but they certainly don't do it now.

The Sat delivery thing is something Apple could have had written into their contract with UPS. It isn't unheard of for UPS to do this. I'm sure Apple isn't paying a full Saturday surcharge. Since FedEx usually handles a lot of the Apple shipments, I'm sure UPS threw in some things to sweeten the deal and land the contract this time around.

----------

Even if you pre-sign, if the driver doesn't feel it is a safe location he is not required to leave it. Picking it up is your best bet.

21. mryanwalker thread starter macrumors newbie

I second this. This is the info I got from UPS. Call the number, and it will available at will call this evening.

22. nomoresecrets macrumors member

I just spoke to someone at UPS and was told that Apple has requested that any iPhone shipments that are not delivered today have an attempt made on Saturday. She made it clear that this was a departure from their regular policy of only making another delivery attempt on the next business day.

23. yourhero88 macrumors newbie

I can also verify via a conversation with a FedEx rep that my Verizon phone will be attempted tomorrow as well.

24. 617aircav Suspended

So ups will open shop just to deliver one phone, amazing.

25. Qoo macrumors 6502

just called UPS to find out where is the package, a lady told me the package will be deliver around from 1:00PM - 6:30PM today, hope work out fine for me :D