Saturday Morning Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by linus2787, Sep 21, 2012.

1. linus2787 macrumors newbie

I'm going to try and stop by one of my local Apple stores after work around 5 to try and snag an iPhone 5, but when the iPhone 4 first came out I went the next day early in the morning around 6 am and was able to get one.

Anyone have any clue if this would work this year? I'm worried it might not, thinking that the ones they had left over were instore-pickups, which are not happening with the iPhone 5.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I guess it depends on the demand at your local store. If it's sold out then likely they won't have it the next day. I'm pretty sure Apple will do the reservation system like they did with the 4S, where you would reserve starting at 9 PM, and you pick it up the next day anytime before 6 PM.

3. linus2787 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok, gotcha. I didn't know about that system. Thanks!

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think last year they would sell out but get a shipment later in the day they would hold for the next day sales so it would be worth going by and seeing if they will reserve one for you to pickup the next day!

5. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Use the apple store app, find the nearest location, and you can reserve after 9p for next day. I recommend checking it around 855p as the app will sometimes allow an earlier check in

Good luck!

6. linus2787 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome thanks!

7. rmwebs macrumors 68040

I was thinking about doing this, but when you look on the app, the iPhone is the only product showing as 'not available to reserve'. Will it automatically change at 9pm then?

8. bigdogdeebs macrumors member

Does the "reserve" option pop up under upgrade options? I kept clicking through the phone under store, but stopped at data plan options because I didn't want to accidentally pre-order again lol.

9. justjax macrumors regular

seems like reserve option isn't happening this time. I called the Apple store they said its first come first servered (as it states on the website when you click on retail) and that I should ringi to check if they had stock on that specific day.

10. ljones macrumors regular

I hope there is a pending restock this weekend.i ordered on online just in case.

11. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Not impressed.

I asked the shopping center (Watford, The Harlequin) last night if they would be opening early for additional iPhone 5 orders - they said no, and that there would be no queue.

Got there at 8am this morning (an hour before opening, just to be safe) and there had been a queue since 7am.

What pissed me off even more was that:

A) No more 'tickets' were being handed out, and the queue was closed, despite there only being around 100 people in it
    B) Out of every person in the queue, 99% of them were groups of asian men, clearly very pally-pally with all those around them - seems like its the same situation that happened in Milton Keynes and Thurrock - asian gangs buying them all up then selling them for double the price 2 minutes later.

Apple: You are crap at product launches.

All the Apple store could tell me was:
    - Dont know how many we have in the store
    - Dont know when we're getting more
    - Dont know how many we'll get in stock
    - Cant tell you if you phone up.

How moronic. If you phone up, they tell you they dont have any, and wont have any (apparently for security).

I tried phoning my local Three store who are only taking pre-orders, and estimate it'll be ready "Between October 2 and October 10". Tried Three's order phone number, and they said "Probably October...not too sure tho".

Wasnt going to bother trying T-Mobile/Orange, O2 or Vodaphone as the contracts with them are for fools...seriously, they cost a hell of a lot more than three's.

12. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

13. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Not too sure...all I know is they wont let you join the queue!

14. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I'm at an Apple store in Columbus, OH right now. 2nd in line with NO ONE behind me. Store opening at 8am for iPhone 5 only. Manager already came out and told us inventory. Very very limited. He told me do not leave my place in line if I want a 16gb white Verizon!

15. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Only person at the Country Club Plaza Apple Store right now. Called last night and they said they have a fair amount of stock. Want to score a 64gb white.

16. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr