Saudi Arabia condemns 'heinous American terrorism'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 15, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Saudi Arabia criticizing any Western nation for anything is absolutely jaw-dropping. Hell, Saudi doesn't possess the moral capital to criticize Al Qaeda or ISIS, especially since they've funded Islamic terror for decades. The chutzpah of these backwards, oil-soaked, uber-wealthy, tribal dictators is certainly something to behold.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...th-carolina-killings-as-heinous-terrorist-act

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

They are right. It was an act of atheist terrorism.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Right or wrong isn't the issue. It's like Adolf Hitler criticizing the Ku Klux Klan.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Had to laugh about that. :D Good point.
    But the same goes for Barry who's supporting them.

5. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I am with you, but there is no and have never been moral in politics.
    What do we really expect of countries that in the XXI. century still practice Sharia (شريعة).

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I bet if those Muslim women weren't wearing their hijabs, the Saudis wouldn't have even opened their big mouths. The country who doesn't allow women to drive has the nerve to condemn "American terrorism". As if the American government orchestrated that attack.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

The irony is that those countries not letting women drive have the highest rates of accidents. :p
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Might as well include you along side him since you're funding those heinous activities with your tax payer dollars. :eek:

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

Do I have a choice?

Your logic is like blaming the Pizza guy who has to pay protection money to the mob for financing the mafia.

10. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I wonder if that disgusting New Arab King also condemned the Islamic thug that shot and killed/injured the Denmark synagogue attendees just a little over 1 day ago.

Oh no, of course he did not.

Naturally, Saudi Arabia is the #1 incubator and exporter of Islamic terrorisms and jihadis. The New Arab King won't say anything to harm an important export industry of his kingdom.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/...LI0N320150215?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

You could renounce your American citizenship and move to some desert island or at least stop pretending that your hands are clean. :rolleyes:

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Or I could just jump of the next bridge :rolleyes:

I am not an american citizen and there is no such thing as a deserted island that you can simply move to.

13. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Agreed and all governments are involved in some level of corruption and immorality. All you can do is select the one you most agree with and take ownership of its evils.

14. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Women still don't even have the Right to vote in Saudi Arabia.

15. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Wikipedia seems to disaggree on the technical side.....

...... but one could also say "Men still don't even have the Right to vote in any meaningfull election in Saudi Arabia."

:p

16. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I haven't read the Saudi statement itself, but that Guardian article does absolutely nothing to suggest a condemnation of the USA. The OP may be using the phrase 'American terrorism' in an innocent fashion (ie meaning 'terrorism in America') but how the rest of you can interpret the article as Saudi criticism of the USA is beyond me.

----------

I suggest you reread the article. Or, more likely, read the article for the first time.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

no. why would i take ownership of something i don't agree with

18. Fazzy macrumors 6502

As indignant as we find Saudi Arabia's words, they are no more more or less hypocritical than most countries' self righteous outrage and shows of solidarity after negative events.

Remember the freedom march following Hebdo? Every leader who took part has hampered freedom of speech in one form or another. And so on.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/15/saudi-arabia-condemns-north-carolina-killings-as-heinous-terrorist-act

It appears that they condemned both the act in North Carolina, and, the acts in Denmark, as "terrorist" acts.

Denmark, certainly, but, I think that they are rushing to judgement in the North Carolina case. To me, that incident looks like just another act of just another irresponsible person who happened to have access to guns. A literally daily occurrence in the U.S. Some would say that it is (just) the inevitable cost of "freedom". (Yes, I am a gun control advocate.)

20. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Is there any evidence? Apart from demographics.

21. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

You are so right. They have the "Right" to vote but ONLY with approval of their husband or male guardian!

I think you need to look up the definition of a "Right". However you might have something because people on this forum will commonly say even Rights have limitations.

You can't yell fire in a crowded theater and you can't vote without your husbands permission. Sounds fair to me!!!!

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Seems pretty critical to me.

23. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

24. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Critical of the killer, certainly. Not critical of the USA.

25. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Would be interesting to hear more about the background of the killer.