Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I bet if those Muslim women weren't wearing their hijabs, the Saudis wouldn't have even opened their big mouths. The country who doesn't allow women to drive has the nerve to condemn "American terrorism". As if the American government orchestrated that attack.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Had to laugh about that. :D Good point.
But the same goes for Barry who's supporting them.
Might as well include you along side him since you're funding those heinous activities with your tax payer dollars. :eek:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
Might as well include you along side him since you're funding those heinous activities with your tax payer dollars. :eek:
Do I have a choice?

Your logic is like blaming the Pizza guy who has to pay protection money to the mob for financing the mafia.

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Do I have a choice?

Your logic is like blaming the Pizza guy who has to pay protection money to the mob for financing the mafia.
You could renounce your American citizenship and move to some desert island or at least stop pretending that your hands are clean. :rolleyes:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
You could renounce your American citizenship and move to some desert island or at least stop pretending that your hands are clean. :rolleyes:
Or I could just jump of the next bridge :rolleyes:

I am not an american citizen and there is no such thing as a deserted island that you can simply move to.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Or I could just jump of the next bridge :rolleyes:

I am not an american citizen and there is no such thing as a deserted island that you can simply move to.
Agreed and all governments are involved in some level of corruption and immorality. All you can do is select the one you most agree with and take ownership of its evils.

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I haven't read the Saudi statement itself, but that Guardian article does absolutely nothing to suggest a condemnation of the USA. The OP may be using the phrase 'American terrorism' in an innocent fashion (ie meaning 'terrorism in America') but how the rest of you can interpret the article as Saudi criticism of the USA is beyond me.

----------

I wonder if that disgusting New Arab King also condemned the Islamic thug that shot and killed/injured the Denmark synagogue attendees just a little over 1 day ago.

Oh no, of course he did not.
I suggest you reread the article. Or, more likely, read the article for the first time.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
Agreed and all governments are involved in some level of corruption and immorality. All you can do is select the one you most agree with and take ownership of its evils.
no. why would i take ownership of something i don't agree with

Fazzy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
check the tracking device
As indignant as we find Saudi Arabia's words, they are no more more or less hypocritical than most countries' self righteous outrage and shows of solidarity after negative events.

Remember the freedom march following Hebdo? Every leader who took part has hampered freedom of speech in one form or another. And so on.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
They are right. It was an act of atheist terrorism.
I wonder if that disgusting New Arab King also condemned the Islamic thug that shot and killed/injured the Denmark synagogue attendees just a little over 1 day ago.

Oh no, of course he did not.
I haven't read the Saudi statement itself, but that Guardian article does absolutely nothing to suggest a condemnation of the USA. ... I suggest you reread the article. Or, more likely, read the article for the first time.
Saudi Arabia on Sunday condemned the killings in North Carolina of three American Muslim college students as a “heinous terrorist” act, and called for an end to incitement against Muslims.

The statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency also condemned as a “terrorist” act the recent attacks that killed two people in Denmark, one at a panel discussion that included an artist who caricatured the Prophet Muhammad and the other outside a synagogue.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/15/saudi-arabia-condemns-north-carolina-killings-as-heinous-terrorist-act

It appears that they condemned both the act in North Carolina, and, the acts in Denmark, as "terrorist" acts.

Denmark, certainly, but, I think that they are rushing to judgement in the North Carolina case. To me, that incident looks like just another act of just another irresponsible person who happened to have access to guns. A literally daily occurrence in the U.S. Some would say that it is (just) the inevitable cost of "freedom". (Yes, I am a gun control advocate.)

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Wikipedia seems to disaggree on the technical side.....

...... but one could also say "Men still don't even have the Right to vote in any meaningfull election in Saudi Arabia."

:p
You are so right. They have the "Right" to vote but ONLY with approval of their husband or male guardian!

I think you need to look up the definition of a "Right". However you might have something because people on this forum will commonly say even Rights have limitations.

You can't yell fire in a crowded theater and you can't vote without your husbands permission. Sounds fair to me!!!!

aaronvan

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
I haven't read the Saudi statement itself, but that Guardian article does absolutely nothing to suggest a condemnation of the USA. The OP may be using the phrase 'American terrorism' in an innocent fashion (ie meaning 'terrorism in America') but how the rest of you can interpret the article as Saudi criticism of the USA is beyond me.
Saudi Arabia on Sunday condemned the killings in North Carolina of three American Muslim college students as a “heinous terrorist” act...
Seems pretty critical to me.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Authorities say Deah Barakat, 23; his wife, Yusor Abu-Salha, 21; and her sister, Razan Abu-Salha, 19, were killed on Tuesday by their neighbor Craig Hicks, 46, an avowed atheist who was a vocal critic of all religions. Family members say all three were shot in the head at the newlywed couple’s home, though police aren’t saying exactly how the three victims died.
Would be interesting to hear more about the background of the killer.