Save time or money?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 628, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Save time or money?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2013.
  1. Time

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Money

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Neither, I'll just wait.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. 628 macrumors regular

Would you rather save time or money?

Save time:

Just go to the apple store or pre-order online or go to an AT&T store and get iPhone 5S on the 20th.. But have to pay $260 for the phone

Save Money:

Go to 5 walmarts and see if they have the phone and only have to pay $206.

So would you rather waste time and pay $206 or save time but pay $260?

Yes, in California we have to pay tax on the full price but at walmart you don't and the phone is $10 cheaper.

2. 628 thread starter macrumors regular

That is true! Except the walmarts are along the way home for me.

3. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I would get it from Walmart if possible as long as it doesn't take too much extra time. $55 is a good chunk of change but from past experience, relying on Walmart for an iphone is very iffy. They might or may not have enough stock. They might or may not have it on the 20th. They are very fishy and it's hard to get a definite answer from their employees as many are clueless.

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

What the hell? Can someone else in California confirm this is true?

I thought that no matter what if a company has physical locations in California then the customers HAS to pay tax :confused:

5. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Don't put anything past California. That state is so odd when it comes to law.

Plus, they elected Arnold as governor at one point. Nuff said.

6. 628 thread starter macrumors regular

Not costco and walmart..

Costco charges price on price of phone...

Walmart.com doesn't charge tax in CA..

Search the forum and you will find that walmart charges tax on price of phone not original price, you can also google for it..

7. mrmike316 macrumors regular

It's true have bought iPhones at Wal Mart, they only charge tax on the $199 not the unsubsidised price.Dont know how they get away with it but they do

8. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I say move to New Hampshire and pay no more taxes! WOO!

9. oaktree macrumors regular

I have to disagree with this premise. Going to the Apple Store on the 20th will not save time. I'd have to get up at 3 AM, or maybe even get in line the night before. then I need to calculate the time it takes for my turn once the store opens at 8 am.

Saving time options would be ordering online, or waiting until the Apple Store has a supply without waiting in line.

10. 628 thread starter macrumors regular

Guess I'll actually be going to the apple store and pay like $50 more since they will have more stock and if there is a noticeable defect on my phone, I can exchange it immediately.

I would try to go to walmart to save $$$ but it would have been a lot of time of transport like 3.5 hours.. Plus walmart isn't even sure that they have any..