Save your money! Simplify Music 2 app should be nice with 16gb iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HiFiGuy528, Jan 28, 2010.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Get the cheapest iPad with 3g and Simplify Music 2 app will allow you to free up all 16gb storage for other fun stuff instead of music. I am using it with my iPhone and it's GREAT.

http://www.simplifymedia.com/iphonemusic.html

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

You cannot play iTunes store songs on Simplify for the iPhone.

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

is this similar to PulpTunes?
    Allowing you access to your tunes from another computer?

for free?

sorry cannot access the site at work.

4. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

To my knowledge you can actually.

The reason I will still buy the 64GB is for video. Simplify is great for streaming your music library. For video - more of a storage hog in any case - I want a local copy.

5. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Yup I just confirmed - you can definitely play ITMS-purchased songs over Simplify...

Did it just now on my 3GS. Not on my home network currently.

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

How will this save money? Lets assume you were going to get 3G anyways. A 64gb model is $200 more than the cheapest option. In 7 months of unlimited data you will have spent $10 more than just getting the bigger storage.

Now, lets assume you get the 3G 16gb model over a non-3G 32gb version. You've "saved" $70, but will eat through that in just over 2 months of data fees.

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I think the assumption is "all else equal" i.e. person would hve purchased say a 64gb + 3G model but under this scenario could get a 16GB + 3G...

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

OK, so the person would save $200 but now HAS to pay $30/month for unlimited internet. At least having the storage space locally they have the option to not pay for a month and still have all their music, or very likely could drop down to the 250mb plan after the novelty wears off.

9. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

iPad without 3g is a brick outside the house or not in WiFi area. IMO, your crazy not to get the 3g version.

10. bossxii macrumors 68000

Not sure where you live, but I've found it rather easy to find Wifi with my laptop. I don't drive and use my laptop, so upon exiting anywhere i the metro area, within a few blocks I have a hotspot. I hardly consider my laptop a "brick" outside my house. I login to to my corporate network all the time on the go. The past 2 or 3 years it's been tough to NOT find Wifi available. Hotels, motels, McD's,, Bookstores, any number of restaurants, bars etc..

Not to mention I won't be paying for yet another data plan when my iPhone already has one. Tether and go imo. If i'm in such a remote area I can't find Wifi, which has not be the case for me over the last several years, jailbroken iphone/adhoc network to the rescue. Screw ATT for trying to suck yet another data plan out of me. Won't happen.

11. pmz macrumors 68000

And the bitrate over 3G is?

Does anyone with an iPhone know what Google is?

Google: DOTTUNES. Free. Web Based. Background.

/thread

12. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

But will I be able to begin listening to music on the app while browsing the web?