Saving credit card info in apple pay when its not available in my country

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Indian Devil, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Indian Devil macrumors regular

I am in India and we don't have apple pay support yet but I would like to save my card details there, can I do it?

Tried it and it didn't giving error that your provider doesn't support Apple pay so anyway I can bypass this and save it?

Or any other secure app which let me do this? Think I can save it in safari too but is it safe?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you cannot.
    Only when it's available in your country and your credit card company supports the new feature.

3. Indian Devil thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks.

Can I trust safari with card details?

Or any other app you recommend?

Thanks

4. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

can you pls clarify your point for me?

isn't it correct to say that the country of your credit card (the issuing institution), and, the country of your apple ID must match. is that correct?

therefore, if you have two apple IDs, and change your apple ID based on country you are in, as long as the two factors above match, then there is no problem, assuming of course that there are apple pay accepting shops in that country.

also, since there are also bank debit cards that can be used for apple pay. then in place of a credit card you could also just have a bank account in that country that provides a debit card that is enrolled in apple pay.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

According to the following link Apple Pay is only available in the U.S. and UK, while I'm no expert on Apple Pay but I do use it whenever I can: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204916

6. Indian Devil thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want to use Apple Pay as I know it's not available in my country as yet. I just want to know if there's a way to save my card details in passbook or any other app which can be trusted.

I see there's an option in safari to save card details but I am not sure if it's completely safe.

Can any one please tell any good and trusted app to safe card details.

Thanks

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

There's an app called 1Password that I use for passwords but it can also store credit cards.

https://agilebits.com/onepassword