saving passwords in Safari

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by jknolly, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jknolly macrumors newbie

My wife and I share a macbook pro. She likes to have her gmail password saved in Safari and I don't. Since she saved her password, Safari asks me every time I would like to save my password and I have to click 'not now' every time. Is there a way to make my login setting to "never remember"? I only get the 'not now' and 'save password' options. If she deletes her save password setting then Safari presents the never remember option and it applies to all the users. It seems like it's all or nothing. Is there an option to make the password save setting be specific to a username for a specific website so that I don't get a prompt every time I log in with my password?

thanks in advance.

2. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

Are you sharing an account? If so, setup his and hers accounts (Settings > Users, click + to add).

Then in his, in Safari preferences, disable auto-fill for passwords/user-ids.

3. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Yes, as @NoBoMac stated, using specific profiles would solve that.

4. Ruggy macrumors regular

As has been said, independent user profiles is the answer but set up family sharing as well and then can share nearly everything you've bought without having to pay twice.